• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dark Green Stem Plan Suggestions

CJayT

Does anyone know of any dark green stem plants with finer/smaller leaves? Like a Bacopa But darker?

Egeria najas? Though thats not really like bacopa... but thats the only darker green stem plant that comes to my mind.

Hi all,
Does anyone know of any dark green stem plants with finer/smaller leaves?
I'll be honest I can't think of one.

Leaves are dark green because they contain an lot of chlorophyll, which usually occurs in plants with <"slow growth, adapted to shady conditions">.

If it didn't have to be stem plant there are some other options, probably the plants that are the most reliable dark green are <"Cryptocoryne x willisii">, Anubias barteri and particularly <"Bolbitis heudelotii">.

cheers Darrel

This is the darkest stem I can think of!
Hygrophila sp Bold
1599043576175.png

hoggie

If slow growth = darker green, then try Hygrophila pinnatifida which is low growing stem with darker spectrum.

In my tank, the foliage green from dark to bright are Bolbitis, Buce Mini Red and Browny, Anubias, Java fern, Amazon Sword and Hygro polysperma.

Back