• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In Tank Diffusers & Placement

Lee Murray

Hi, can anyone recommend an in tank diffuser, (don't want an in-line as I'm running a Fluval FX6 with ribbed hoses), the one in the pic is the 2nd one to crack on me for no apparent reason in the last 6 weeks!, also where is the best place to put it, I've had it stuck under the spray bar that is situated on the right hand side of the tank and flows towards the left hand side but I'm not sure it's as effective as it should be there plus the bubbles go straight up through the leaves of my Crinum calamistratum which are full of algae as you can see. Cheers.
20200903_190028.jpg

My choice for in tank would the Aquario. Aquarium Gardens generally have them in stock.

Fine bubbles using, them on my nanos.

As low as possible in tank so bubbles rise into area of good flow and out of sight if possible.

Inline can be done with FX6 tubing as I have done doing it for over three years in 500L tank

I'll look further into in-line diffusers then but I thought the hose would need adapting somehow.

Could possible use a couple of jubilee clips to hold the hoses on to the inside diffuser is the in tank diffuser the one from co2art I had them in both different sizes and had 4 crack on me for no reason they replaced the first 2 and I brought one from aquarium Gardens the also replaced but the ceramic still cracked so also gave up on them

Back