• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I accidentally ran tap water through the filter and ammonia is at 1.0 ppm (mg/l)

Putney

1. I did a rescape of my nano tank and used mostly old soil with root tabs
  2. I accidentally ran tap water (1m pipe length of water) through a Ehiem Ecco 150
  3. I did one big water change ( 80%) but ammonia will not drop.
  4. Tests show I have 0 Nitrite and 0 Nitrate

Did I just kill my filter and why the ammonia is not converting to nitrite?

I have my fish in a 10L plastic container with a heater ( 9 cardinals and 4 amanos) How long can i keep them in there?

:confused:

I would just do a few big WCs, I sometimes clean my sponges in running tap water and never had an issue.

Think its more likely to be the reused soil thats caused the spike as the soil has been disturbed in the rescape

I have my fish in a 10L plastic container with a heater ( 9 cardinals and 4 amanos) How long can i keep them in there?

Probably have more space than if they was in a fish shop, just feed them small amounts and change say a few litres a day after the fresh water has stood for a few hours to reach temp and degas and should be fine

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will do some big water changes and see how that goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Doesn't Seachem Prime promise to detoxify Ammonia and Nitrite levels?
It does, it also interferes with ammonia readings (for some <"test kits">) and gives a false positive reading.

Seachem won't tell you how "Prime" works, but it is likely to be <"similar in action"> to "Amquel", which has a patent.

cheers Darrel

Doesn't Seachem Prime promise to detoxify Ammonia and Nitrite levels? Might help in either the emergency tank of back in the Nano.

Did order Prime which is coming tonight as none of the stores around me stock it. Was going to try this if all else fail.

That's pretty interesting Darrel. Will have a read through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
thought about writing a book or blog.
I'm not sure there is much market for <"serious" books"> any more. If I had a blog, or video channel, everything I have to say would be over <"pretty quickly">, and I'm also not really <"matinee idol material">

Another issue would be I don't have any photographs of suitable quality and I don't have any research that is "mine", some of it is covered by commercial confidentiality and some I just don't have any figures for.

There are actually books that cover a <"lot of the same ground">.

cheers Darrel

If all vloggers only produced content when they had something worthwhile and/or useful to say, there'd be a whole lot less crap on YouTube.

Having a small amount of quality content isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unless you're making a living off YT advertising income.

Back