• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Flood light Juwel vision 260

AndyTez260

Seedling
Hi, I've just registered on this site after reading for many years.

Can you help me decide which flood lights to use and how many?

I've been running a juwel vision 260 tank for a few years now and I've never been able to grow carpeting plants well.

I've currently got 4 45w t5 tubes but one has failed and rather than just replacing the bulb I'm looking to move to flood lights.

My idea is just to sit them on a glass lid will that work? Think it needs to be an even number due to the black bracing in the middle of the tank.

I've attached an old pic of my tank, the hair grass got covered in bba and died which I why I think I need stronger lights.
20190928_211732.jpg

Budget is cheap, new glass lid will be £60 plus I think 4 30w lights will be another £60, I can't think of any cheaper way to do it?

Yes I've got inline co2, not much in way of ferts I have done iron but not noticed much difference.

I've currently got 4 45w t5 tubes but one has failed and rather than just replacing the bulb I'm looking to move to flood lights.
I don’t think it’s lack of light that’s at fault here. 4 T5 tubes on that tank is lot. Are you currently using reflectors? Have the tubes ever been replaced?
what are those love.y purple fish you have?

Budget is cheap, new glass lid will be £60 plus I think 4 30w lights will be another £60, I can't think of any cheaper way to do it?

Yes I've got inline co2, not much in way of ferts I have done iron but not noticed much difference.

I would just stick with the T5s if I were you...

Yeah I've got reflectors on three of the tubes, I can't fit on at the front due to the bow, it's probably been a year since they were replaced but I I think the unit is faulty as the bulb just stopped working and I've tried a spare and it's still not working.
I should probably take of off and check all the connectors properly I did get an electric shock!

The purple fish is a rainbow shiner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_shiner?wprov=sfla1

The tank is 64cm deep, is that too deep for t5s to reach the substrate?

Yeah I think they are an off size which makes replacing the tubes more expensive which is why I want to switch to leds, which leds are you running?

Thanks I looked at the juwel helialux as that would be perfect for my tank as it fits the flaps but it's expensive and I don't think one would be enough on its own, I can't stretch to two. :(

if you've got 4 tubes at the moment, what about replacing them with LED ones that fit into T5 holders?
That's a good idea, not sure if my unit is compatible I did try one bulb arcadia t5 tropical Pro it didn't last very long maybe they need to be used in pairs. I did message iquatics and they couldn't confirm if my unit was compatible :( or if it can only be used in pairs but at around £40 per bulb I went back to standard florecent bulbs.

I've got my arcadia led strip to work :), and I'm thinking the bba on the hair grass was because my inline co2 was blocked just gone back to the standard in tank diffuser, let's give it some time and see how things go.

Back