• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Two sides of the river bed

Really looking forward to this mate tank looks great and great size. Even the 900 was heavy never mind the 1200.

Great choice of colour, i am setting mine up this month also

Will be waiting for updates best of luck mate

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

So my enthusiasm got the better of me and i didn't take any pics as i started to scape and just went with the flow so no pics of just hard scape unfortunately but i guess when you just excited and playing around taking pics wasnt on my mind plus was very aware of the filters being off and plants and fish in a holding tank

so first couple of pics are two weeks in now. growth not to bad really need my lights to arrive but will have to make do at the moment
20200814_220931.jpg

The plants in the pots are ones I got from a local lfs 4 for a tenner so got 4 Rotala Rotundifolia and 4 Ludwigia Repens Rubin and Alternanthera lilacina and some crypts to be planted at water change i like to pop in on a Friday morning as that is when the plant delivery arrives 😝 also got 90 stems of Rotala h r'a from @jon32 and @Roland nice stems thank you guys
20200828_124126.jpg

So been doing running water changes and maintenance every other day changing 100% of tank water with filters off going to drop this to twice a week now adding 25ml of my all in one mix a day with 5ml of liquid Carbon live stock that went straight in as the filters where already seeded and the soil was a pre used tropica so no ammonia to leach 200 yellow cherry shrimp 6 Cory's that have been really good not pulled up a lot of the hc/mc at all 2 otos 6 snails and 6 harlequins so far so no real issues still need to bit more detailing around the riverbed but all in good time
Thanks for looking
Cheers
Jay

Lovely work @Jayefc1

How long until your lights arrive?

Well done on the temporary solution. Not easy getting things moving when you have livestock/plants/invertebrates to transfer over and delivery times don’t align. Appreciate the determination and adaptation.

How long until your lights arrive?
Been in constant contact with the seller there was issues with supply there end but they came back in to stock and where sent out at the end of last week so hopefully the end of next week fingers crossed
Guess its just one of those things they will be herewhen there here lol 😆 😂

Yeah been playing with them.for about an hour now lol can't decide whats best lol

It's all personal preference at the end of the day, but I just found the green look a little over-cooked at same level as the blue and red, so I have blue and red the same, and back the green off a bit.

It's useful having the presets, and the colour temp slider, they help you choose. I preferred the 'Buce' setting, and also the colour temp at around 9k-10k - so I obviously prefer a cooler bluer bias, but then I also like the reds pumped up a bit - thats how I ended up with red and blue the same, and green about 10% lower.

Back