• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

the social dilemma

You might be sorry you asked. You know I'm a Luddite when it comes to computers, so not sure now you've said that :rolleyes:
I was attempting to use Docker to run it, but either way one of the ports Pi-hole needs is already being used, and I've no idea how to work around it :meh:
I run mine on docker also ;) Pi-hole does need a fixed IP address which is not easy to do on some docker apps!
I would recommend just getting a Raspberry Pi (version 1 or 2 will do also and you can power those off the USB port on most routers), just make sure the router you have you can actually change the DNS server your clients get as you don't want to update them all manually ;)

honesty-on-the-internet.jpg

I downloaded it onto my iMac. And was methodically working my way through this how to guide
I see you just running it locally, doing it that way means its not safe to point other devices on the network to it, because if you do and you reboot/turn off your MAC all the other devices on the network will no longer work, hence the suggestion of a Raspberry Pi ;)

Derren Brown once showed a nice experiment some years back... It's on youtube, but forgot the title...

Anyway, he invited a team of Advertisement Designers obviously to design a certain advertisement theme poster.

When they all were done after a few hours and the poster was ready, Derren went to a board in the room covered with paper ripped that paper off and there already was a poster drawn almost exactly the same as the designers' design. o_O

They were absolutely baffled how he could predict so accurately what they would come up with.

Then he explained, that he simply fooled the advertisement designers with the very same psychological technique the designer themselves use to fool the public. During the cap ride along the way to the location, they were invited to. He injected/influenced their thoughts with several staged ideas using visual input. On about every street corner, he staged something and knew they would see it and thus injecting a thought or idea that would influence their design.

He influenced advertisement designers with advertizing and predicted their behaviour... :p 💪

Derren Brown once showed a nice experiment some years back... It's on youtube, but forgot the title...

There was a recent show of his in the UK that cover it again :thumbup:

He is the master of Human behaviour, but he also picks the right subjects too. Love his shows. Two favorites are the Zombie one and the woman thats sees herself dead - Wicked:clap:

Doesn't the latest versions of safari have a tracking blocker built in?
Doesn't prevent your ISP from tracking anything you do with your connection. Just prevents some sites from tracking what you do and share the information with other sites, also doesn't protect against apps.

He is the master of Human behaviour,
He’s a very clever guy.
Or is he really from the wizarding world of Harry Potter and making his fortune bamboozling and confounding muggles.
Last I heard he was wanted for questioning by the Ministry of Magic...

Back