• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Quick PMDD + PO4 Question

RudeDogg1

Hi guys I have returned after several years of no tanks. I used to have a hightech planted discus tank and I used PMDD + PO4 my set up will still be on here somewhere. Anyway I digress I dont have the room for a big tank at the mo so I have decided I want to set up a hightech planted nano this time with a decent light so I can grow some decent carpeting plants (which I wanted last time but only had T8's and a deep tank). So my question is on Jame's site it says about raising the dosage if you have strong lights. What would you experts suggest should be the dosage?

Also is there a DIY for the expensive ADA soil powders?

Cheers
Rudi

Hi all,
Also is there a DIY for the expensive ADA soil powders?
Have a look at @George Farmer 's <"Guide to substrates">. Personally I don't think you need an alternative, you can just leave them out.
Jame's site it says about raising the dosage if you have strong lights
You can use the Rotala Butterfly nutrient calculator to work out where your nutrient addition would lie in terms of PMDD + PO4.

We also have <"our own nutrient calculator">, under development by @Zeus. and @Hanuman, which should allow any-one to make their own perfect mix.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, Have a look at @George Farmer 's /www.ukaps.org/forum/pages/guide-to-substrates/']Guide to substrates[/URL]">. Personally I don't think you need an alternative, you can just leave them out. You can use the Rotala Butterfly nutrient calculator to work out where your nutrient addition would lie in terms of PMDD + PO4.

We also have /www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/what-to-test.62147/#post-612819']our own nutrient calculator[/URL]">, under development by @Zeus. and @Hanuman, which should allow any-one to make their own perfect mix.

cheers Darrel

Cheers I will have a look

Cheers I will have a look

But its not quite ready for release, its close with it being checked by a few experts. But if give me you tank dimensions and which fert regime or commercial product you which to clone and can get you the results ;)

But its not quite ready for release, its close with it being checked by a few experts. But if give me you tank dimensions and which fert regime or commercial product you which to clone and can get you the results ;)

Oh thanks alot its a little aquaone aquanano 60 100L 60L x 40W x 47H using PMDD + PO4
Cheers
Rudi

Oh thanks alot its a little aquaone aquanano 60 100L 60L x 40W x 47H using PMDD + PO4
Cheers
Rudi

How often do you intend to dose - times per week ? Dose bottle size? and how long do you want it to last or how much to dose

micros and macros both daily, 500ml bottles, the standard original dose based on older style lighting is 2ml of macros per 40L and 1ml of micros per 40L if thats any help

PMDD + PO4

so the ppms you are after are
1600874777932.png

as users do use slightly different ranges. If its any different just post the ppm ranges you are after and can do that as well NP

thats the same as u get from the standard size dose on james page. My original question was what should i increase the dosage to because he says that the original dosage was for older systems befor high intensity lights so it needs to be increased but I have no idea what to increase it to :confused:, Thanks so far tho even tho im equally as confused lol

ignore me i see it now lol

thats quite abit less than his original recipe for micros which was 10g of chelated is that correct? (not that im doubting your expertise of course)

cool thanks alot so my 5 ml guess was right lol

You can use any amount you like and it works it all out so the weekly yield is the same

his original recipe for micros which was 10g of chelated is that correct?

depends on your target Fe ppm - APFUK trace has a standard 10-12g per litre which yields a weekly Fe 0.5ppm if you follow APFUK dosing guide, which is EI dosing levels for Fe, but PMDD+PO4 is normally lower in Fe ppm

1600880623778.png

we have a range of micro nutrients
1600879965921.png

If you not using APFUK trace let me know which one - but they are about all the same

Back