• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone use this type of O-ring?

1BCEEC5E-282D-485F-B966-DEF540D78B10.jpeg
It has good reviews and would be better than having to keep buying new nylons. I know some people get them free where they get refilled but I’m one of the exceptions.

This is a mainly UK site and this device appears to originate from a non uk Amazon site. changing o rings is hardly an onerous task.So where does it fit and what thread is that

This is a mainly UK site and this device appears to originate from a non uk Amazon site. changing o rings is hardly an onerous task.So where does it fit and what thread is that
Didn’t recall saying changing them was difficult, just in my experience not every seal is perfect with the nylons. This particular device threads into the center of the nipple from the CO2 tank
396D2D54-605D-4CFD-A19C-9EE9E4F21700.jpeg

Shouldn't use rubber with CO2 as CO2 "dissolves" in rubber. Depending on type of rubber either melts/softens/runs or hardens up and cracks. Should use PTFE/nylon for o-rings/washers around CO2.

Shouldn't use rubber with CO2 as CO2 "dissolves" in rubber. Depending on type of rubber either melts/softens/runs or hardens up and cracks. Should use PTFE/nylon for o-rings/washers around CO2.

Most o rings are not just plain rubber, though, they are designed for harsh environments. if you look at the spec on Amazon, that one is Nitrile which is ok with Carbon Dioxide, comparable to higher spec seals such as FKM, PTFE etc.

https://www.easternseals.co.uk/useful-information/product-information/chemical-compatibility-guide/
https://www.sterlitech.com/oring-compatibility-chart

Actually looks like a useful component, guess nylon and other no captive seals can easily be damaged when replacing cylinder, multiple times, Nylon can creep over time too.

Last edited:
Based on some more research it seems the common term for this is “perma-seal” and yes it’s more popular here in the US. But planted tank sites like Buceplant and GLA here in the US sell it. Also seems popular with the home brewing crowd. I’ll comment on it’s worth when I get it in a few days. I have a potential leak somewhere and I’m trying to narrow down where.

Back