• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nutrient def.

Roediger

Hello everyone! Been a while since i bothered you lol. I got a hygrophilia plant. Its growing but i started to notice many pin holes. I just give it the K that comes in potassium nitrate only. Its 29 gal 306 fluval filter. Do EI dosing accordingng to Rotala butterfly. My ludwigia red also have a hard time. Instead of using a diffuser i switched to inline reactor to t3st my luck. Thank you
IMG_20201021_222450.jpg

If CO2 doesn't work (wait for one month to see whether the new leaves have this issue), then need to add some PO4 and observe for another month.

If using CO2 the most likely cause is a CO2, due to fluctuating CO2 levels during the first 4 to 5 hours of the photoperiod. Doing a pH profile will Help identify the issue and help resolve it too. Getting a stable [CO2] for first 4 to 5 hours of the photoperiod is the hardest part of using CO2

Its 7.4 and within the hr its 6.4 and usually hangs there. Maybe goes 6.6 till lights off. I git a 304 fluval. Flow usually slows at the bottom half. Going to the filter

I got an api kit idk how well that is. Ph pen i tried the dam thing was a problem even got ph 7 calibration... Is it worth buying ph controller

Is it worth buying ph controller

IMO - NO - pH fluctuates with pH controllers

Cheap pH pen - IMO calibration is irrelevant as the actual pH is also irrelevant, its just a stable pH we are interested in, so the reading on the meter/pen isn't important, the DC tells you a approx [CO2] two hours ago and if the pH hasn't changed in that time and your happy with the [CO2] , then if pH hasn't changed from lights on for 5hours happy days

Back