• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie here! Can anyone help me identify this plant?

ChrisMachell

Hi all,

I was sent this plant in a pack, but have no idea what it is. At first I thought it was Hygrophila siamensis but now not so sure and concerned that it's a rhizome and I'm killing it by burying the roots. Any and all advice very much appreciated!
mystery plant.jpg

Thank you! Am I right in thinking it'll be okay in the substrate as is or do I need to take it out?

You should definitely leave it in the substrate, however be aware that it's fairly normal for crypts in a new tank to melt (lose all their leaves very suddenly). Don't take this as a plant loss/death- 90% of the time, it will grow back if you give it time.

If I may, it looks like you have multiple rizhomes say you might want to separate and spread them.

keep it in the substrate, hard to tell what substrate you have from the pic but if you don't have a soil of some sort i'd advice you to place a root tab under the root so the plant can feed
Thanks - I have inert clay substrate with gravel on top. I have placed root tabs in the substrate but I'll try another one directly under the root.

Back