• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Always room for just one more....

Does the killi not bother the shrimp, or try to jump? I read that they did both, and those are the main reasons I've not gotten them in the past. So if they dont, I'll be getting some soon :p I love the colours. Awesome tank :)

Does the killi not bother the shrimp, or try to jump? I read that they did both, and those are the main reasons I've not gotten them in the past. So if they dont, I'll be getting some soon :p I love the colours. Awesome tank :)
He’s inquisitive....but just a little small to bother the fully grown shrimp. I’m sure he would eat shrimplets 😋
I too heard they jump, but thought given the plant mass he may stay put, which thankfully thus far he has. To be honest I worried quite a lot but have no anxiety about finding him on the floor anymore, he never looks like jumping.
They are very characterful fish and I’d recommend to anyone, they are stunning 😍

Here’s an ottocinclus doing ottocinclus things......

C16DB815-7E5A-4412-93A6-7B53D2AA92EE.jpeg

I have found over the weeks that sitting in the chair beside this tank and viewing from the end view just doesn’t cut it. I love watching this tank so bought a little stool to sit in front of the tank.

2D2A9475-F5E6-4FF1-906C-67F9D14A6CE7.jpeg

And while I’m here, here’s an ss grade cbs:
7A4007E8-D16B-477C-ACA7-81BCC3D28457.jpeg

Some nice nymphaea shots:
F4ADE961-DB90-4505-85D4-535CC757844D.jpeg

66ED1E9C-AD4E-4B8B-9A17-3642B79B8989.jpeg

and my favourite image of the tank to date:
ED29A6E4-296A-4147-8D45-FF2A4F1DB970.jpeg

cheerio,
Ady.

Last edited:
That is a very nice shot indeed :) I love the lotus, its on my wishlist for my larger tank as well.
Thanks Wolf6, they are a lovely feature plant.
Beautiful tank and shots Ady!
Still taking pics with your iPhone?
Thanks, and yes still my iPhone :)
Loving this little tank.
Cheerio,

The scape is very good by itself and looks stunning with the light screen background.

Would you be able to check and tell how thick (mm) the light screen is exactly? You do not use a evolution aqua light stand, but I am trying to figure out whether there will be enough room between the back wall of the tank and the vertical legs of the light stand (mounted behind the aquarium stand) to fit a ADA light screen between them. I posted this question in another thread, but asking here since you use the light screen too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scape is very good by itself and looks stunning with the light screen background.

Would you be able to check and tell how thick (mm) the light screen is exactly? You do not use a evolution aqua light stand, but I am trying to figure out whether there will be enough room between the back wall of the tank and the vertical legs of the light stand (mounted behind the aquarium stand) to fit a ADA light screen between them. I posted this question in another thread, but asking here since you use the light screen too.

Hi, the light screen is 8mm thick and measuring from my tank I would allow a minimum 10mm clearance, if not a little more.
What tank are you thinking of installing the Ada lightscreen on? I only ask as the supplied Ada hooks are for 6mm glass of a 60p tank and the evolution aqua tanks are made from 8mm glass so the hooks do not fit. I needed to use some ingenuity to install mine.

Last edited:
Hi, the light screen is 8mm thick and measuring from my tank I would allow a minimum 10mm clearance, if not a little more.
What tank are you thinking of installing the Ada lightscreen on? I only ask as the supplied Ada hooks are for 6mm glass of a 60p tank and the evolution aqua tanks are made from 8mm glass so the hooks do not fit. I needed to use some ingenuity to install mine.

Thank you! It will be on a ADA 90P. I now need to figure out whether there will be enough clearance at the back.

Thank you! It will be on a ADA 90P. I now need to figure out whether there will be enough clearance at the back.

Perfect match then :)
I’m sure they must have designed the screens to fit with the light arm, even with a trend towards on tank units.
Cheerio,

If you want an cheaper option, some china back light screen are available now in France with all size option at great price (and with adaptable hooks too) , an 90p size would cost 200€.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you have all had a nice few days.
Some festive ‘Christmas’ moss.... I trim this portion from @Iain Sutherland periodically so it can hold its own weight during water change.
39542C0A-B740-49AD-AC4F-924707C88545.jpeg

Some more seasonal shots....
A6575904-B7DF-4185-9342-2242AA1D11F8.jpeg

F6686BA2-0EED-49B9-A169-BB22E9DAE274.jpeg

.....and some extras just because I like them :snaphappy:
77260FA4-0A2E-4DD0-BBB9-EC13A93B2058.jpeg

9994E64F-FCBF-4ADA-B42E-20820CF90CAE.jpeg

Cheerio, and all the best for 2021.
Ady.

Lovely looking tank! Is the purpose of a light screen just an aesthetic thing? Does it provide any energy to the plants?

Just looked up the Ada one and was surprised by how expensive it was!

Lovely looking tank! Is the purpose of a light screen just an aesthetic thing? Does it provide any energy to the plants?

Just looked up the Ada one and was surprised by how expensive it was!
Thank you.
apologies for the delay in responding, somehow this must have slipped under the radar!
I think it will provide some energy for the plants however it is more an aesthetic addition realistically. Yes they are quite expensive, however there are less expensive options such as the lightground available. I think on my next tank I will try the lightground one. I think for a three foot they are about £100 cheaper than the Ada version.
Cheerio.

A little update.
This tank is still running and providing much enjoyment :)
As I have stripped the 1500 ready for a new carpet in my living room I have had to move this little tank also.
The beauty of these littler tanks is that you can squeeze them in anywhere. This tank has found a new temporary home on the kitchen worktop. To be honest I’m really enjoying the viewing experience whilst cooking tea. If it were a little narrower I may have kept it there long term :)

C13DFCE0-E269-42BD-8E2F-B17DCA3C922A.jpeg

Back