• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommend me a nano stream pump . . .

Wookii

Hi guys,

I'm after a small/nano stream pump/power head to increase water circulation around my tank. My three overriding criteria are that a) it needs to be as physically small as possible, b) it needs to be direction adjustable/aimable, and c) it needs to ideally have user adjustable speed/output rate.

I'm considering the AI Nero 3, but it doesn't have much angle adjustment range, so I'm hoping for some other suggestions?

I was looking for a pump for a 20 litre tank the other day but gave up in the end.

Some of the smaller pumps I found were the Nero, it has a really wide flow output so the lack of adjustment is not too much of an issue

Jecod SW-2, small, adjustable and packs a lot of punch for a small pump.

Ecotech MP10, not really small but only half the pump is in the tank, same as the Nero, really wide flow but no angle adjustment.

Koralia nano

I have used both the Jecod and Ecotech on marine tanks, but great pumps with lots of options.

Another option I was considering was to run as a small external pump (like a Newajet) outside the tank as a closed loop.

The eheim surface skimmer can have the top part removed, pretty good output on in but doesn't do directional flow

I was looking for a pump for a 20 litre tank the other day but gave up in the end.

Some of the smaller pumps I found were the Nero, it has a really wide flow output so the lack of adjustment is not too much of an issue

Jecod SW-2, small, adjustable and packs a lot of punch for a small pump.

Ecotech MP10, not really small but only half the pump is in the tank, same as the Nero, really wide flow but no angle adjustment.

Koralia nano

I have used both the Jecod and Ecotech on marine tanks, but great pumps with lots of options.

Another option I was considering was to run as a small external pump (like a Newajet) outside the tank as a closed loop.

Thanks Nick.

I’m trying to figure out if a wide flow is what I’m going to need - that was another concern with the AI - I kind of need to deflect the flow off the side glass to direct it around the front of the tank. Same with the Ecotech - but I do like the controllability of both the AI and Ecotech stuff.

The Jecod unit looks a good option - thanks for that suggestion. A decent price as well given it comes with a controller too.

I did look at the Koralia unit too, but I don’t think there is any way to control the output?

The eheim surface skimmer can have the top part removed, pretty good output on in but doesn't do directional flow

Yeah, I have one of those spare too - but I want to be able to fine tune the flow direction.

Thanks Nick.

I’m trying to figure out if a wide flow is what I’m going to need - that was another concern with the AI - I kind of need to deflect the flow off the side glass to direct it around the front of the tank. Same with the Ecotech - but I do like the controllability of both the AI and Ecotech stuff.

The Jecod unit looks a good option - thanks for that suggestion. A decent price as well given it comes with a controller too.

I did look at the Koralia unit too, but I don’t think there is any way to control the output?
Thanks, I did look at those - I just need to figure out if Sicce have a controller for that pump?

Both the Koralia and Sicce have controllers but they don't allow reduction of flow, just simple on/off functions.

Looks like the Jecod could be your best bet, they are great pumps for the price

Back