• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua One, AquaSys

Conort2

I’m looking to move house within the next few months. And you know what that means? Bigger tank! Looking at either a 4 or 5 footer.

One that is pretty new on the market and has the bonus of being opti white are the Aqua One AquaSys aquariums. Has anyone seen one of these on person? information and pictures on the internet are almost non existent. Price almost seems too good to be true.

If not has anyone else got any recommendations. I have all the kit so would be a case of a tank and cabinet rather that an all in one setup.

cheers

The black silicone would put me off the tank a little, though the cabinets look good. I have an Aqua one cabinet under my 60cm tank, and its well made.

If (when!) I ever buy a new tank in the future, particularly if its a larger one, I'll be investing a little more and going with one of the A4L models:

The black silicone would put me off the tank a little, though the cabinets look good. I have an Aqua one cabinet under my 60cm tank, and its well made.

If (when!) I ever buy a new tank in the future, particularly if its a larger one, I'll be investing a little more and going with one of the A4L models:

I have a small custom built tank from aquriums4life which I used for abit but I'm currently not using and will be used at some stage in the future. And I have to say the build quality is awesome.

I was under the impression the Aqua sys were clear silicone and the reef version had black. I had a five foot Aqua one aquarium a good few years ago and the build quality was excellent, however I don’t know if things have changed since then.

Aquariums 4 life is one I am definitely considering, it does seem like that would cost around 600quid more than the Aqua one. But I suppose you get what you pay for in this instance as the build quality looks excellent on them.

cheers

I was under the impression the Aqua sys were clear silicone and the reef version had black. I had a five foot Aqua one aquarium a good few years ago and the build quality was excellent, however I don’t know if things have changed since then.

Just going from the images on their website Conor - maybe it's just the image then that makes it look black?:

53450-1.jpg

Aquariums 4 life is one I am definitely considering, it does seem like that would cost around 600quid more than the Aqua one. But I suppose you get what you pay for in this instance as the build quality looks excellent on them.

cheers

As far as I can tell from Google, The Aqua One AquaSys 300 (1200mm) is £650 and A4L AquaV Scape 1200 is £899 (delivery may be extra) - so only a £250? or were you looking at 1500mm?

As far as I can tell from Google, The Aqua One AquaSys 300 (1200mm) is £650 and A4L AquaV Scape 1200 is £899 (delivery may be extra) - so only a £250? or were you looking at 1500mm
I would be going for 1500 ideally, would like to be able to keep my current aquarium in the cabinet underneath to use as a breeding tank if possible. This all depends on what the boss says though, I’m trying to get her to warm to the idea of a big tank lol.

cheers

Its all personal preference. I prefer the black silicon as its easier to keep clean. It was a minor argument for my choice of a red sea reefer as my next tank. But I get some people don't like it. When I got my previous tank I also prefered clear as well, but preferences are not stable either :)

Just to clarify it looks like the AquaOne Aquasys tanks use clear silicone, and it was just looked black in the image on their website.

Outside of that, I agree it's very much personal preference. The 20 year old tank use for my low tech has black silicone and old style standard/float glass, and my new high tech tank has very fine clear silicone and low iron glass. I much prefer the latter tank, it gives me a clearer perceived 'window' into the underwater world. The black silicone on my older tank, along with the more reflective glass, breaks that illusion for me, more easily, particularly when viewing from an end or angle.

I have clear silicone currently and agree I do prefer the look. The quality of the silicone looks good on these tanks however I have only seen around two videos and hardly no photos. For some strange reason there isn’t much available on these tanks which I find odd. Not sure if it’s worth taking the gamble if I can’t find decent close up Images of the silicone work or find anyone who’s seen them in person.

cheers

Maidenhead also sell an Aqua Marin tank that looks to be the same price as the Aqua One - no mention of whether it uses low iron glass though:

Maidenhead also sell an Aqua Marin tank that looks to be the same price as the Aqua One - no mention of whether it uses low iron glass though:

That looks like a decent option, haven’t seen that one before. Shame it doesn’t mention about the opti white glass as it’s 15mm so would be beneficial if it was.

As it's a Maidenhead item, you might be able to check one out in a local store.

Also Aqua One have a list of local stores you might be able to contact to see if they have an AquaSys in to take a look at (subject to pandemic regulations ofcourse) - a fair few in and around London:

As it's a Maidenhead item, you might be able to check one out in a local store.

Also Aqua One have a list of local stores you might be able to contact to see if they have an AquaSys in to take a look at (subject to pandemic regulations ofcourse) - a fair few in and around London:

Thanks, that’s extremely helpful. Once lockdowns done I think I’ll go and have a look around see if I can find one in person. The aquascaper 1500 is another I’d like to look at but pricing isn’t currently available with the change over to DD.

Just to clarify it looks like the AquaOne Aquasys tanks use clear silicone, and it was just looked black in the image on their website.

Outside of that, I agree it's very much personal preference. The 20 year old tank use for my low tech has black silicone and old style standard/float glass, and my new high tech tank has very fine clear silicone and low iron glass. I much prefer the latter tank, it gives me a clearer perceived 'window' into the underwater world. The black silicone on my older tank, along with the more reflective glass, breaks that illusion for me, more easily, particularly when viewing from an end or angle.
Agreed that low iron glass is really a must these days, especially if the glass is a bit thicker due to size :) that makes the most difference.

Thanks, that’s extremely helpful. Once lockdowns done I think I’ll go and have a look around see if I can find one in person. The aquascaper 1500 is another I’d like to look at but pricing isn’t currently available with the change over to DD.

Can you report back if/when you get to see any of them? I'm keen to hear what they are like too.

I have an aquaone sys 230 on order! Currently awaiting delivery. There isn't much online about them but i stumbled across the 300 model on display at a local LFS and the build quality was great. Silicone work very good, cabinet is well made! The only grumble I have is the side of the cabinets are not drilled for hosing etc but I'll do that myself. The silicone is clear! The tank is full opti white apart from the back. Which doesn't really matter for me personally! The aqua marin planta is normal float glass from what I have been told. Hope this helps

I have an aquaone sys 230 on order! Currently awaiting delivery. There isn't much online about them but i stumbled across the 300 model on display at a local LFS and the build quality was great. Silicone work very good, cabinet is well made! The only grumble I have is the side of the cabinets are not drilled for hosing etc but I'll do that myself. The silicone is clear! The tank is full opti white apart from the back. Which doesn't really matter for me personally! The aqua marin planta is normal float glass from what I have been told. Hope this helps
Just what I was looking for, Thankyou! You’ll have to post some pictures once you receive it.

cheers

Last edited:
Hi,
Have you received your aquarium yet, I paid for the 230 over the phone after the guy at Viscum Aquatics told me that it would be 1 or 2 weeks, that was on 25.01.21, and I'm still waiting?

Back