• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Soda Stream Canister- How long would it last on a nano tank (there abouts?) nano tank 35 ltrs.

si walker

Hi. New to this type of pressurised Co2 but theres a lockdown so........£
I only have a 35ltr heavily planted tank which is running on a simple BIO Co2 at the mo. This is getting difficult in the colder weather as the yeast is obviously sleeping!
So i have a couple of options:
Theres a new CO2 reactor out from Colombo that is pressurised and has a solenoid. Acid and Bicarb. Last 30 days. Quite expensive! Aqua Essentials sell.
or
Co2 Art with 10% discount and get the Soda Stream bottle attachment (small tank limited space).
I dont run much light (12w) so wont be injecting loads.

Does anyone know how long a Soda Stream canister would last. Trying to price it up as it aint cheap! Or any other cheap way of setting something up??

Sorry for the waffle, I am a bit bored!

Thank you!

Mine is coming up 2 months ( it think) on a 25ltr tank, once it's gone I am adding a FE.

You could look at welding bottles which are cheaper than the SodaStream and hold more gas. Co2 art sells the adapter.

I change the soda stream canister on my 90l every 3 months roughly. May not be the cheapest way of getting co2 but it is definitely the easiest. Sent direct to me with return labels for the empties !

Direct off the soda stream website no minimum order level. But also if you have an issue can swap out in supermarkets. Asda and sainsbury I know does exchange. You can also setup a yearly account to save money if you know your long term use

Thats great thank you! It seems that places like Lakeland also exchange instore. Dont forget your mask though!!
Have you guys go any recommendations for a full Co2 setup or shall I just go straight to Co2 Art?
I keep hearing really crap things about customer service though. With any luck I wouldn't need it!

I bought my kit from co2 supermarket and when I had an issue with the soda stream adaptor they sent me a new one out. Not had a problem with either of the 2 I have.

I bought my kit from co2 supermarket and when I had an issue with the soda stream adaptor they sent me a new one out. Not had a problem with either of the 2 I have.
Hi Kevin,when you bought your co2 system did you buy a single stage or dual stage, I was wondering if you get end of tank dump if your using smaller cylinders.

Thats a really good question Richard!
I havent purchased yet and would never have thought about it.
So a dual stage would stop this from happening?

Thats a really good question Richard!
I havent purchased yet and would never have thought about it.
So a dual stage would stop this from happening?
Well apparently si,when the cylinder pressure drops to a low pressure it can dump what's left into the aquarium,a dual stage regulator controls the output pressure which stops this happening,(apparently).
Although when you look at nano systems that use 95g cylinders they just have a basic regulator and yet even the small cylinders are under high pressure so it just made me wonder if 500g cylinders needed dual stage.

On reflection it's most probably best to get a dual stage regulator anyway!

Hi Kevin,when you bought your co2 system did you buy a single stage or dual stage, I was wondering if you get end of tank dump if your using smaller cylinders.
Well I'm not 100% sure I believe I ordered duel stage it has a working pressure setting. So surely its dual stage or I might have got it wrong on the definition. With the kit I had it hasn't dumped the pressure that I've notice.

Does the dual ones have the 2 dials by any chance? or is that just too obvious!:D

I've read single stage is a set working pressure and dual stage is adjustable working pressure.

Maybe I'll email them and ask what I bought and to explain the difference. Customer service seemed helpful last time

I've read single stage is a set working pressure and dual stage is adjustable working pressure.

Maybe I'll email them and ask what I bought and to explain the difference. Customer service seemed helpful last time
Most single stage regulators will allow you to set the working pressure between set values, there are some that are not adjustable but these are not the norm.

I think the majority of regulators have two gauges by what I can see but it doesn't mean it's dual stage.
Sorry I can't be more helpful,I'm learning too.

Correct, dual gauges are standard on most regs, one gauge tells you the input pressure (the pressure of the gas in the supply bottle, the other is the working pressure (the pressure of the gas exting the reg)

The main difference between dual stage and single stage is that a dual stage regulator reduces the pressure in 2 steps, first it reduces the bottle pressure to a set pressure (lets say 10 bar), then the next stage is set with the adjustable knob for working pressure, this makes the output delivery pressure more stable.

If you want to go cheap then a small terrarium heater mat under the yeast container can keep it warm enough to have an optimal yeast reaction.

ZOZO thats frightening. I was looking for that last night. Weird! Neo do one but its only in europe from what i see and about 30£.
So is this a small heat mat. Have you used it for CO2 before?
Thank you!

Back