• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help identifying two common fish (and a snail)

confusedman

Long story short, looking for a quarantine tank I ended rescuing these three creatures. I don't think I will keep them cause my tank is almost full capacity but...

Could you please tell me what they are?
Would it be risky to put them in my tank (at the moment they are in their mini mini tank) considering that I have one platy, 2 molly, 2 honey gourami 1guppy and one swordtail.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210227_140922.jpg
    20210227_140922.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 20210227_141614.jpg
    20210227_141614.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20210227_140849.jpg
    20210227_140849.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 150
Looks like an assassin snail, the spotted fish is a synodontis petricola and the orange fish is a platy. The snail and platy will be fine.

What size aquarium is it? The synodontis should be fine provided it isn’t too small. It could potentially eat very small shrimp and fish but should be fine with your stock.

Cheers

Looking at the photos I’d continue to isolate these new fish fish in the quarantine tank (setup details?) for a couple weeks before moving anyone to the main tank (or rehoming the S petricola)

S petricola was another one of my early “inspired” purchases - I kept a trio (purchased as small juveniles - local breeder who also kept these in tap water) in a densely planted 90cm tank for a couple years (until I broke down the tank for a move) ... if they were eating the shrimp, I couldn’t tell ;) as there were hundreds in the tank :wideyed:

Note S petricola https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/synodontis-petricola/ Synodontis petricola really do better in groups so hopefully you can find him a suitable home

Last edited:
Back