• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glassware (or Stainless steel) for lidded aquarium?

ojustaboo

Hi all, having spent a LOT of money (for me) on plants/hardscape/aquarium, I really don't want the plastic inlet/outlet pipes if I can avoid them.

My aquarium is the Eheim Vivaline LED 126, the lid is comprised of two sliding pieces as shown in the attached pic (haven't taken protective covers off them yet), so having one of the lids slightly open will not be a problem.

The problem comes with the plastic frame Eheim use to accommodate the lid etc. As you can see from both pics, the lip is 26mm wide, and it's 67mm deep. I think I've seen some that will fit width wise, I also suspect getting the filter inlet wont be too hard, where I'm struggling is finding a lilly pipe type thing. All of them, regardless of shape, tend to have the outlet very near the top ( Random store ) which to me looks like with my 67mm, they will be out-letting above the plastic frame?

I have the Oase BioMaster Thermo 350 filter with 16/22 pipe

Am I wasting my time trying to find something suitable?

Thanks

Attachments

• lid1.JPG
    lid1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 291
  • side lip.JPG
    side lip.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 246
You might struggle to find a standard lilly pipe the will sit underwater with that rim. You could try something like this

Aren't those cutouts in the back of the hood ideal for lily pipes or am I looking at it all wrong?

Yes they are, but due to my scape, I’ve been advised to have the inlet and outlets at the front left (roughly where green dot is in top down pic) and CO2 at front right.

Attachments

• 5EDB16AF-6876-4739-BAC5-DEDA3B9DEA2E.png
    5EDB16AF-6876-4739-BAC5-DEDA3B9DEA2E.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 236
Last edited:
I use stainless steel lily pipes with an acrylic lily pipe 'adapter' on a Juwel Rio 300. I just slot them into the cut outs at the back. I could have them at the side but it would mean physically making cut outs in the hood which I don't want to do. Otherwise it works well.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210308/0a3b4c81e45da28498d4f56cccdebc9d.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210308/0cef80d553d876cd5e3a4ef3fc215ce6.jpg
I like the look of those, I wouldn’t have to cut my hood as it slides

I like the look of those, I wouldn’t have to cut my hood as it slides

In that case you'll be fine with a 16mm stainless steel lily pipe. The u-bend diameter is quite large, it's actually too wide so I have to use filter floss pushed between the two pipes to keep them straight and not bent inwards to each other. It's too wide to use my magclip that I have on my 12mm one.

They do come with brackets though, not sure how wide they go as I didn't use them.

Back