• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 litre nature style high tech

Krisps21

60x40x40 opti white aps tank
Seriyu stone and spider wood
Prodibio soil
Ecotech radion xr15 g4 fw lighting
Co2 art regulator
Twinstar diffuser

Attachments

• 20210319_131748.jpg
    20210319_131748.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 483
  • 20210319_112920.jpg
    20210319_112920.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 292
  • 20210320_154957.jpg
    20210320_154957.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 292
  • 20210319_120921.jpg
    20210319_120921.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 319
Plant list :
eriocaulon cireniun
Hemianthus callitrichoides cuba
Rotala hra
Rotala wallichii
Bucephalandra kedagang
Bucephalandra wavy green
Bucephalandra thei red
Microsorum pteropus
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Cryptocoryne bullosa
Cryptocoryne wendtii green
Cryptocoryne undulatus kasselman
Pogostemon helferi
Taxiphyllum barbieri

Nice looking tank.

How are you finding the Ecotech Radion? Its one lights I that I've not had chance to try yet - what settings do you have it on?

Nice looking tank.

How are you finding the Ecotech Radion? Its one lights I that I've not had chance to try yet - what settings do you have it on?
It's still too early yet to know really, I only set this tank up on Friday 😊. I've got the settings at 100% red, green, white, warm white and 75% blue, at 60% brightness for the time being.

It's still too early yet to know really, I only set this tank up on Friday 😊. I've got the settings at 100% red, green, white, warm white and 75% blue, at 60% brightness for the time being.

Thanks. I have the exact same tank as you - it looks from the image like it's giving good and pretty even coverage from the light - do you get quite a bit of shimmer from the light?

Thanks. I have the exact same tank as you - it looks from the image like it's giving good and pretty even coverage from the light - do you get quite a bit of shimmer from the light?
Yes, the spread is perfect.

You get shimmer, not a kessil kind of shimmer though (which I'm quite happy about). The colour rendition of that plants under it, is very good and red plants (you can't see them yet) are not washed out

Yes, the spread is perfect.

You get shimmer, not a kessil kind of shimmer though (which I'm quite happy about). The colour rendition of that plants under it, is very good and red plants (you can't see them yet) are not washed out

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I wanted to try to Radions, was the additional red and green LED's in the Gen 4. I really love the AI Prime's which are a similar tech (AI and Ecotech are part of the same group I believe), but the Radions have the additional green and red LED's versus the Prime. Your image in the OP appears to show a good amount of 'pop' in the greens, which I assume is the result of the additional green LED's.

What is the fan noise like? (sorry for all the 'light' questions - it's just rare to find someone using these Gen 4 lights).

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I wanted to try to Radions, was the additional red and green LED's in the Gen 4. I really love the AI Prime's which are a similar tech (AI and Ecotech are part of the same group I believe), but the Radions have the additional green and red LED's versus the Prime. Your image in the OP appears to show a good amount of 'pop' in the greens, which I assume is the result of the additional green LED's.

What is the fan noise like? (sorry for all the 'light' questions - it's just rare to find someone using these Gen 4 lights).
Yes I'm very impressed with the colour so far 😊

I was worried about the fan myself, but it's completely silent, you wouldn't even know it was there haha

Day 5 update

The rotala hra and rotala wallichii are growing quickly now (you still can't see them)
I've had a little melt on the hc cuba, which is expected.
The hygrophila pinnatifida is putting out some nice new red growth 😁
I've managed to remove the rock that was keeping the wood down in the back right corner, the tank looks better for it now.

The horrible diatom phase has started, dust and filamentous forms 😣 they will soon clear though.

I'm very happy with the radion so far, it's doing a very good job 😃

Attachments

• 20210323_211856.jpg
    20210323_211856.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 238
Back