• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low/Medium/High light for 30cm cube

FishKeeper55

I wonder which light you would consider to be low, medium or high light for 30cm cube, if you could provide links, names or pictures that would be great.

Many Thanks

You have a 27L tank (3 decimetre x 3 decimetre x 3 decimetre)
according to tropica https://tropica.com/media/870849/REDUCEDP14-11434-Quickguide_ny-UK.pdf
To simplify I will use Lumens and not PAR (OK for a rough guide
Low for 27 l tank 405 lm
Medium for 27 l tank 810 lm
High for 27 l tank 1350 lm +
The main problem is finding one that is small enough to fit a 30 cm tank or you could hang it from above.

I think the best idea would be to get one that covers the High range and just turn it down with a timer that also has a dimmer capability.

Two Twinstar LED V3 Aquarium Light 300E willgive you a max brightness of 2000 lm and fit your tank you would need to purchase a controller

or

two Fluval plant 3.0 Nano which would also give you 2000 lm max but is controlled by a free app.

The twinstar is a nicer light colour wise but expencive. The Plant 3.0 nano is a lot cheaper especially as the controller is free as long as you have a mobile that it will run on.

Well that is my opinion. Hope it helps

@The grumpy one Thanks for explanation regards to how much lumens you should aimed at ect., hmm I have some decision to make, I will venture in to co2 once my regulator arrives and need something to upgrade the light but can't overspend on lights due to future plans for bigger tank, so will have to settle for happy medium looking at costs. I did consider the budget chihiros A series but the 8000k light range I don't think my eyes would like it very much, also looking at the chihiros wrgb II from aliexpress @2300lm might have to use hang on kit if I have a problem with light spread.

@The grumpy one Thanks for explanation regards to how much lumens you should aimed at ect., hmm I have some decision to make, I will venture in to co2 once my regulator arrives and need something to upgrade the light but can't overspend on lights due to future plans for bigger tank, so will have to settle for happy medium looking at costs. I did consider the budget chihiros A series but the 8000k light range I don't think my eyes would like it very much, also looking at the chihiros wrgb II from aliexpress @2300lm might have to use hang on kit if I have a problem with light spread.

Amazon product ASIN B08BF86JT7
700 lumens
3500 lux at 30cm. (47 par approx.)
Your eyes should be fine.

Just go to Amazon UK.
Search Nicrew.
See what you find.
I have one nicrew on my daughter 60cm tank but I wouldn't say is high light been honest, works great for me as low tech. Problem with nicrew I don't think there is high lumen output in the small versions but could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have one nicrew on my daughter 60cm tank but I wouldn't say is high light been honest, works great for me as low tech. Problem with nicrew I don't think there is high lumen output in the small versions but could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
700 lumens for the 30cm light.
More important 3500 lux @ 30 cm.
Use low cri 6500

Back