• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Red Sakura Blue Colouring?

noodlesuk

I recently bought some Red Sakura from a well known shrimp seller. Of the 4 I purchased, one has a Blue colouration/tinge to its body. Is this normal? I always see online sellers quoting "allow shrimps to colour up" but has been 3 days in the tank. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG20210328080144.jpg
    IMG20210328080144.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 219
Thanks all for the help, contacted the supplier for clarification, and receive this response:-

"Yes, this is slightly lower grade Red Fire than the others you see. It's a regular occurrence in red shrimp. The intensity often varies a little depending on shell thickness, so this can change some from moult to moult."

I've read the website again and noticed that what I was actually buying was a mixture, (Sakura/Red Fire etc) being a novice, I got sucked into the title "Red Fire Sakura Shrimp"

That will teach me to read the description fully and not just go off the description.

I guess it's a case of lesson learned but even so that shrimp should not have been in there with it showing blue colouration,there's "lower" grade and there's "cull" grade and that should have not been sold as a Red Fire Sakura.

Back