• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ludwigia pantal

Krisps21

Does anybody grow Ludwigia pantal?

I've been growing mine for around 8 months now. When I first received it, it wasn't on the best of conditions, it was around 1cm and had no leaves (tc). I've managed to get it to grow very well but it's not propergated very well in the time I've had it. I've gonr from 3 stems, to around 8-9 in 8 months. It grows rapidly, but the old stem just seems to do nothing once its been cut. Could this be down to faulty genes? Thanks 😁
20210506_195055.jpg

I don't grow it, but I was hoping to in my new tank. Though from your experience it doesn't sound likely, as I can't find a UK supplier any more, and if it's that slow growing I don't think I'll be getting any stems off anyone! 😂

Absolutely beautiful plant though, what amazing colours!

I don't grow it, but I was hoping to in my new tank. Though from your experience it doesn't sound likely, as I can't find a UK supplier any more, and if it's that slow growing I don't think I'll be getting any stems off anyone! 😂

Absolutely beautiful plant though, what amazing colours!
It's really not slow growing, it can grow an inch a day 😅. The issue I'm having is propergating it, it seems to have some issues on that front. I've moved it to a tank with very high light and will see if that helps.

Not sure if it will work with pantanal but it works with a lot of other stems. Let one stem float on the surface close to the light, lots of nodes start to develop on the stem. May be worth a shot?

cheers

Not sure if it will work with pantanal but it works with a lot of other stems. Let one stem float on the surface close to the light, lots of nodes start to develop on the stem. May be worth a shot?

cheers
I've put it in a very high light tank to see if that helps, if not, I'll try your method.

Thanks 😁

It's really not slow growing, it can grow an inch a day 😅. The issue I'm having is propergating it, it seems to have some issues on that front. I've moved it to a tank with very high light and will see if that helps.
An inch! Damn!! If you can get it to bud you'd get so many plants! Did you see <this suggestion on Barr Report>? Kinda scary suggestion but I guess it may work! Fingers crossed the high light does it.

An inch! Damn!! If you can get it to bud you'd get so many plants! Did you see <this suggestion on Barr Report>? Kinda scary suggestion but I guess it may work! Fingers crossed the high light does it.
It could be one to try 😅

Saying that, I left the bottom part of the stem in one of my other tanks and it seems to have 3 side shoots 😁 sorry about the bad picture 😅
20210517_215732.jpg

Back