• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Show Your Pets

Oshi is a cutie. Here are our furries, Moxie the Bengal and Ferris the Westie.
77348499-3F45-4F0B-AB9E-2C7839021C5D.jpeg
F603213B-3722-4F10-A3D0-614F9FD2DEF0.jpeg

IMG_20200620_102550.jpg

This is Cinders. She's got about three braincells and is very sweet but will gently chew your fingers as a sign of affection.
IMG_20200620_102527.jpg

Her brother Jet is about as smart as a cat can be but never uses his powers for good. He makes up for it with a diesel purr and the softest fur to cuddle with. They're both just over a year old.

Are scaly friends allowed as well?
IMG_20200620_102617.jpg

This is Syd. He's about five years old, goes absolutely bananas for roaches, and doesn't understand the concept of glass. He's a really good listener.

Also have a few pics of the toads I'm raising because they're TINY and adorable.
IMG_20200620_103208.jpg IMG_20200620_103121.jpg IMG_20200620_103514.jpg

Here is our lad Titch. He is a Jack/Corgi Cross, we have had him about 6 years and believe he is around 8 years old (he won't let the vet anywhere near his teeth to check) We adopted him from a centre after an abusive home. Where he was scanned it showed that he had suffered broken ribs, tail and skull over that time.

He is a typical Jack and can be a right moody little git, but generally is an absolute sweetheart. Might have had a tough start, but his forever home is with us.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_190715.jpg
    IMG_20200731_190715.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20190217_144507.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 153
Since I have posted a few photos over the years of my little two dogs Pixie and Chelsea, I thought I would pay a tribute to my little one that passed last week, she developed a heart condition which became quite serious back in December just before Xmas, was a blow to us as she had to spend 3 days in hospital during the Xmas holidays and by January it was at the highest category that doctors diagnose. We persevered with her medication and pretty much dedicated our lives to her, and she was comfortable for 6 months and still a happy, cheerful dog, unfortunately while walking her one morning she had a heart attack in the garden, and after some CPR by myself she managed to come around, but her condition deteriorated very quickly, and we lost her 4 days later.

To my little girl that I will miss forever and dearly love forever, 12 years and 4 month old.

IMG_1624011499089-92b57221-59ad-4cf5-b6ea-fc933332247f (Medium).jpg

Chelsea RIP 17-06-21

My condolences for your loss, Paulo... She really was a little lovely supermodel. Always the star of the Photoshoot.

Seems to be a frequent occurring small terrier breed issue, my mate had a Jack Russell male, also died around the same age from a heart attack. He got another one. female, that was as a puppy already diagnosed with a congenital heart defect. The vet said ticking time bomb, but she can grow old with it. And she doing great so far.

Beautiful little dog my friend, I feel and understand your loss.
How is your other dog fairing?
Many thanks mate, the other dog is a little lost at times, she is older too, almost 14. Not sure if she will get over it, we are trying to keep her occupied, but her old age also means we can't push her too much.
Feel your pain @LondonDragon we lost Miley the brown staff 2 years ago and its heart breaking. Thankfully we still have Hugo the bull terrier.
Many thanks, indeed so hard to take at the moment, we miss our little girl, she was the most friendly and loving dog ever.
My condolences for your loss, Paulo... She really was a little lovely supermodel. Always the star of the Photoshoot.

Seems to be a frequent occurring small terrier breed issue, my mate had a Jack Russell male, also died around the same age from a heart attack. He got another one. female, that was as a puppy already diagnosed with a congenital heart defect. The vet said ticking time bomb, but she can grow old with it. And she doing great so far.
Many thanks, she was indeed, that photo was taken on the 3rd June, one of the last few we took of her.
She is actually a Hound and not a Terrier, both my dogs are the same breed, her wire coat makes her look like a Terrier, everyone says the same, they are a Portuguese breed called Podengo, we have on smooth and one wire of the small variety (they come in three sizes too)
My condolences.
Many thanks
My condolences to you
Many thanks

Many thanks, she was indeed, that photo was taken on the 3rd June, one of the last few we took of her.
She is actually a Hound and not a Terrier, both my dogs are the same breed, her wire coat makes her look like a Terrier, everyone says the same, they are a Portuguese breed called Podengo, we have on smooth and one wire of the small variety (they come in three sizes too)

Thank you too! Learnd something again... I thought i knew the Pedengo but obviously only knew the larger size.
Never seen a Podengo Pequeno before didn't know they excisted. And indeed the size and the wire coat and in the UK the last thing one would expect they are Portugese Podengos pequenos. They look mistakenly similar to a terrier breed also the smooth coat one could go through for a terrier. :)

Actually always thought that the Wipphet and the Italian Greyhound were the smallest hound breeds and they never were my favorite. I guess today i found my favorite small hound breed the Podengo Pequeno. 😍

dsc04122-jpg.jpg

Back