• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Scape 55

Aqua360

A friend generously gave me a Dennerle 55l scapers tank, so I'm going to try and do it justice in this journal!

Plants I'm using include Buce, Java Trident, and Monte Carlo wabi kusa balls I made.

I have galaxy Fishbone shrimp, but being completely honest, I actually prefer crystal black shrimp so will be switching them over soon.
PXL_20210624_150720361.jpg
PXL_20210618_133148026.jpg

A friend generously gave me a Dennerle 55l scapers tank, so I'm going to try and do it justice in this journal!

Plants I'm using include Buce, Java Trident, and Monte Carlo wabi kusa balls I made.

I have galaxy Fishbone shrimp, but being completely honest, I actually prefer crystal black shrimp so will be switching them over soon.View attachment 171160View attachment 171162

I quite fancy some Galaxy Fishbones, they are an expensive option though - what aren't you liking about them compared to Crystal Blacks?

I quite fancy some Galaxy Fishbones, they are an expensive option though - what aren't you liking about them compared to Crystal Blacks?
I just don't like them lol, they're too dark.

I appreciate the quality behind them etc, but I think crystal blacks have always been my favourites, so I've ordered some PBL. So purely cosmetic I guess.

If you are interested in galaxy fishbones, DM me and I can ask my friend when he'll next have stock and prices :)

I just don't like them lol, they're too dark.

I appreciate the quality behind them etc, but I think crystal blacks have always been my favourites, so I've ordered some PBL. So purely cosmetic I guess.

If you are interested in galaxy fishbones, DM me and I can ask my friend when he'll next have stock and prices :)

I must admit, your Galaxy Fishbones do look darker than I've seen before - the ones I've seen on Band's Shrimp Marketplace seem a little more navy blue with gold/white backs, similar to this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I have read they are harder to keep and breed due to their extreme line breeding, have you found that? CBS might be better for me on that basis, or maybe a straight Tiger variety.

I must admit, your Galaxy Fishbones do look darker than I've seen before - the ones I've seen on Band's Shrimp Marketplace seem a little more navy blue with gold/white backs, similar to this:

maxresdefault.jpg

I have read they are harder to keep and breed due to their extreme line breeding, have you found that? CBS might be better for me on that basis, or maybe a straight Tiger variety.

Nah, they're easy, just use RO and use a shrimp remineraliser to bring up to the same TDS for crystals, Taiwan bee's, and they take care of themselves.

I don't think they're just as prolific as say neocaridina, but they still berry up easily if you give a varied diet and keep on top of the water quality.

Stripped this back, dry starting an iwagumi 😂

I've got hemianthus Micranthemoides at the back/right, the rest is Monte Carlo.

Not too fussed about getting it wet, will let it bed in for a good while yet!
PXL_20210713_223551388.jpg

Back