• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water diffuser ideas for tank refill

EA James

Hi all,
Just wondering what people use to diffuse the water when refilling after WC.
I’m currently using my old intake strainer from my FX4 wrapped in a Purigen bag but it’s not that great to be honest, I’d like something better!
I’d like to make something like a u shape so it sits on the tank edge nicely with a hosepipe connector on one end but not sure about the other end. I’d like a good flow to save time but obviously something that doesn’t blast the sand everywhere, would a watering can rose work?

Cheers
13A6E3C5-75DA-453A-B3E3-D7F43E312702.jpeg
2C360F7E-72AF-41FE-B35B-900CAEC8791D.jpeg

If you're using a hosepipe anyway, could you not just use a standard hozelock watering gun - then you can vary the and select a gentler output setting:

Amazon product ASIN B000PBYE1U
I also seen people place a plastic colander under the outlet to break the intensity of the hosepipe.

could you not just use a standard hozelock watering gun
Possibly yes but I'd like something I can hang on the tank securely so I can get on with some bits while its refilling.

@X3NiTH that looks like it might work, I could cut a short length of hose and cable tie it to the handle then just connect onto it.
I was hoping to see some homemade pieces, I want to make something up from scratch

Cheers

Possibly yes but I'd like something I can hang on the tank securely so I can get on with some bits while its refilling.

I'm not a hose pipe user for tank refills, but I think a lot of those folks that do just clamp it to the side of the glass using a larger version of the clamp you have in your images above. It shouldn't go anywhere then.

just clamp it to the side of the glass using a larger version of the clamp you have
I do have a larger one but it squashes the hose so the flow drops right down. I've been using masking tape to secure the hose in place which works but I want to just hook something on and away I go!

What do you use for refilling the tank?

What about plumbing the outflow line of the filter so that you are able to connect the water change hose directly to it? You would need two valves, a T junction, and a pipe adapter in case you are using a garden hose instead of a 16/22 pipe.

Back