• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are scutariella japonica (the white worms) dangerous to shrimps?

CheckeredRust

As per title, are they harmful to shrimp's health? Do I have to get rid of it? I read somewhere that they aren't dangerous, and they actually live together in the wild.

While not immediately harmful to the shrimp in low numbers, In an enclosed system they can quickly multiply until they reach number where they can start causing problems.

They are pretty easy to get rid of and my advise would be to treat the tank.

While not immediately harmful to the shrimp in low numbers, In an enclosed system they can quickly multiply until they reach number where they can start causing problems.

They are pretty easy to get rid of and my advise would be to treat the tank.
What are some solutions to treating the tank? i have snails in it as well.

This might be worth a read.

I've just spotted one of mine with 2 passengers on his rostrum, luckily I bought some fluke solve a bit back just in case, so will be trying that as soon as i can get some scales that will measure a tenth of a gram, I've got babbies and berried females in there but I'm pretty sure they will be fine with it from what I've read

I've just spotted one of mine with 2 passengers on his rostrum, luckily I bought some fluke solve a bit back just in case, so will be trying that as soon as i can get some scales that will measure a tenth of a gram, I've got babbies and berried females in there but I'm pretty sure they will be fine with it from what I've read

Are there other brands of fluke solve I can buy? I live in southeast Asia, can't seem to find it.

Hi all,
so will be trying that as soon as i can get some scales that will measure a tenth of a gram,
There is a way of doing this with less precise scales. If you have two grams of powder divide into <"2 equal parts by eye">, put 1/2 (~1 gram) back in its container, and then split the remaining gram into 5 equal piles, divide one of these in 1/2 and chuck that 1/2 in the tank. I usually store the rest in tank sized containers (I use <"small specimen tubes">, but tiny plastic bags will do)

I do this with Panacur powder and it is surprisingly accurate (I've checked with lab. scales).

cheers Darrel

Back