• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Confused about dosing

I am getting a bit confused about the TNC Complete dosing. I previously used CO2 until Covid came along. So I do not want to go down that track again.
I have a 100L tank with an APS PLED720 light quite bright when I was using CO2.
I prefer daily dosing my rational being constant food supply for the plants.
Using Rotalla Butterfly I have a choice of EI Daily 12.5ml or Low light 12.5ml weekly.
Nothing about CO2 usage only light and I do not consider it low light.
Is anyone using something similar?

Hi all,
Using Rotalla Butterfly I have a choice of EI Daily 12.5ml or Low light 12.5ml weekly.
Nothing about CO2 usage only light and I do not consider it low light.
You could use a smaller dose daily, say 2ml a day (probably easiest to use a syringe for measurement).

If that isn't enough to balance light, CO2 and mineral nutrient requirements you could up the amount of fertilisers added daily, or you could use a floating plant as a <"net curtain">.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

You could use a smaller dose daily, say 2ml a day (probably easiest to use a syringe for measurement).

If that isn't enough to balance light, CO2 and mineral nutrient requirements you could up the amount of fertilisers added daily, or you could use a floating plant as a <"net curtain">.

cheers Darrel
Thanks, Darrel for that suggestion I think I will try that. What I do not want to do is bring ferts to a toxic level but then I have never heard of that. WC 50% weekly.
Robert...

Better chance of winning the Lottery than reaching toxicity levels with the suggested dosing regime (even multiples of).

I’ve not seen toxicity dosing micro elements and that’s with dosing EI every other day since last waterchange (Xmas 2020), Ok TDS is 3x what it was back then but it’s still not killed the snails (neither has the co2 at >30ppm), Zero maintenance and the Vallis is an inch wide and 2m long in a 50L tank, the tanks got its problems but toxicity ain’t one of them!

4482ECA5-6E00-4FF2-94CD-9B4A03591ABC.jpeg

A7342BE6-7D5F-4414-9833-3AAF2ED97354.jpeg

:)

Better chance of winning the Lottery than reaching toxicity levels with the suggested dosing regime (even multiples of).

I’ve not seen toxicity dosing micro elements and that’s with dosing EI every other day since last waterchange (Xmas 2020), Ok TDS is 3x what it was back then but it’s still not killed the snails (neither has the co2 at >30ppm), Zero maintenance and the Vallis is an inch wide and 2m long in a 50L tank, the tanks got its problems but toxicity ain’t one of them!

:)
Thanks for that. My problem has been forgetting the philosophy of EI Dosing. When I was running high tech I automatically used EI without thinking about it. After covid I dropped the CO2. I have since taken the tanks down and rebuilt them. Plants are looking very healthy. TNC Complete lends itself to EI and is less messy than dry chemicals. Thanks for your help.
Robert,,,

Thanks for that. My problem has been forgetting the philosophy of EI Dosing. When I was running high tech I automatically used EI without thinking about it. After covid I dropped the CO2. I have since taken the tanks down and rebuilt them. Plants are looking very healthy. TNC Complete lends itself to EI and is less messy than dry chemicals. Thanks for your help.
Robert,,,
Just use this for your CO2 instead of injected gas.

Amazon product ASIN B001B5SIEI
Screenshot_20211101-101540_Chrome.jpg

Something like nicrew plant light it has controller cheaply priced The Pled are bright no way ecept raising to dim. With floating plants

Back