• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What intensity of light should I use

PlantedSheep

Hi,
I have just got into planted aquariums and wanted to set up a low-tech tank as my first tank.

I have a Superfish Scaper 60 Litre Aquarium, it comes with this light.
I plan to only keep easy plants (such as Tropica easy labelled plants). However, I'm having a hard time understanding the light measurements (lux, lumens, lumen per litre, photon flux). I have bought a LED controller that can control the intensity and I imagine the plants will not need all 100% intensity if I do not use C02.

Could someone help me understand how much light I need?

How do I connect what (for example) tropica suggests:
tropica.PNG

Against what the light outputs?:
Capture.PNG

Thanks for your help!

Hi,
I have just got into planted aquariums and wanted to set up a low-tech tank as my first tank.

I plan to only keep easy plants (such as Tropica easy labelled plants). However, I'm having a hard time understanding the light measurements (lux, lumens, lumen per litre, photon flux). I have bought a LED controller that can control the intensity and I imagine the plants will not need all 100% intensity if I do not use C02.

View attachment 177782
View attachment 177781

Thanks for your help!
Hi,

View attachment 177782
View attachment 177781

Thanks for your help!
That light is pretty powerful for that size tank.
Rough calculation of PAR at those lux levels is 200.
They state 269..
And the tank depth is only about 13"
Now "we" don't know where they measured the lux point at height wise soo that is an issue.

Good thing you got a controller.. at least for the beginning..
See no reason to debate the suggestion of 30%.

Being blunt... start at 30% and reduce or increase as needed. You'd be surprised at how little light aquatic plants need.
Okay I will have a go at 30% and move up from there, thanks!
That light is pretty powerful for that size tank.
Rough calculation of PAR at those lux levels is 200.
They state 269..
And the tank depth is only about 13"
Now "we" don't know where they measured the lux point at height wise soo that is an issue.

Good thing you got a controller.. at least for the beginning..
See no reason to debate the suggestion of 30%.
Okay thanks!

Back