• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TNC Complete

Scott p

Hi, I have just brought some TNC Complete as its been highly recommended to me from several people. But it just dawned on me that I have no idea if it’s shrimp safe.
Would anybody have an experience with using it in a shrimp tank please.

Many thanks

I’ve used it in the past and not had any issues that I was aware of with my Cherries. Best ask the manufacturers though for a definitive answer.

Hi, I have just brought some TNC Complete as its been highly recommended to me from several people. But it just dawned on me that I have no idea if it’s shrimp safe.

Many thanks
Hi @Scott p Yes, I believe that is perfectly shrimp safe. You will have to go 10 x the recommended weekly dose to get anywhere near toxic levels for copper (Cu) - which some very conservative breeders puts in the 0.02 - 0.04 ppm range... the threshold might be higher depending on other factors (water parameters) - but better be safe than sorry. My Cu level sits around 0.012 ppm/weekly with no adverse effects on my Neocaridina's (RCS)

Cheers,
Michael

Many thanks

It's safe, I've used it with cherries, through to sensitive caridina

Excellent great news thank you.
Hi @Scott p Yes, I believe that is perfectly shrimp safe. You will have to go 10 x the recommended weekly dose to get anywhere near toxic levels for copper (Cu) - which some very conservative breeders puts in the 0.02 - 0.04 ppm range... the threshold might be higher depending on other factors (water parameters) - but better be safe than sorry. My Cu level sits around 0.012 ppm/weekly with no adverse effects on my Neocaridina's (RCS)

Cheers,
Michael
Oh ok that’s go know thank you.

According to their website it is shrimp safe 👍

Screenshot_20211221-215721_Chrome.jpg

Yes it's shrimp safe. Any reason why you might have thought it wasn't? Just out of curiosity.
Hi no Particular reason just checking as it come to my head. I normally check before buying these things but didn’t this time and I have never really use fertilisers that much before now.

Back