• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DET WRGB light screen

jkh13

Thought this might be interesting to people...

I recently bought a DET WRGB light screen (60x36cm) which is a new model with RGB control. The panel itself is similar to the ADA light screen, the key difference is that it does not require a transparent gradient film as you can control the top LEDs with a different colour (RGB).
16413057162932877217309716038878.jpg

16413058353483930571241099453110.jpg

It is EXTREMELY bright, I would say much brighter than the ADA model as it utilises two lightbars (top and bottom) instead of just a bottom one like the ADA one. The photos above are actually in a well lit room, my camera compensated for how bright the panel was. The only downside I would say is that there is about 1cm which is unlit above the hooks due to the top LED controllers needing space, the ADA lightscreen has a similar issue with about 0.5cm above the hooks for some reason, both models don't match the tank sizes exactly.

As mentioned before the top and bottom lights can be controlled separately using a wireless remote or with a Bluetooth app, the top is RGB, the bottom is cool white only, both strips can be individually dimmed and can strobe/flash/fade if you are into that.

Overall I'm quite impressed with it, it cost me around £105 in Hong Kong. There was also a white only model which fits flush at the top of the tank but requires the gradient film and isn't as bright. Both models had sizes to fit all standard ADA tank sizes up to 120cm

I had the earlier version of the DET screen but the connector that connects the power supply to the usb screen was terrible, a flimsy proprietary magnetic connector that broke after a few months.
Are you able to post a photo of the power connector of the one you have?

Over in my country we got a local enthusiast that decided to manufacture their own version:
they even got a youtuber to endorse the product 😅:

I had the earlier version of the DET screen but the connector that connects the power supply to the usb screen was terrible, a flimsy proprietary magnetic connector that broke after a few months.
Are you able to post a photo of the power connector of the one you have?
It is using a pretty standard magnetic to USB connector which is replaceable:
16413093292487200694246762974474.jpg

It doesn't look particularly flimsy and you can get replacement cables off AliExpress for under a pound.

thanks, I went back to the shop and they told me they couldn't get a replacement....
You want something like this:

Maybe not that exact model but the connector looks pretty standard and AliExpress has loads of similar ones, they are called magnetic pogo connectors I believe and are commonly used on smart watches.

Back