• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Big Boy!

always like Richards Videos, Been using his Bio Home Ultra for a few years and really like it.

Thats gotta be like 500 dollars worth of Biohome 😂 Id have to get help from a friend to get it in and out of the cabinet all filled up like that 😅
It is a bit on the large size! They do make smaller models though. ;)

Last edited:
According to the website, that pump is 6000gph, not 6000lph! I strongly suspect that’s a typo.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thats gotta be like 500 dollars worth of Biohome
That is why he need such a big filter. I expect his next video he will be recommending that you need a supplementary dustbin full of Biohome to filter your nano-tank.
always like Richards Videos,
Personally I'm not keen, should he <"add some science"> I would be keener.
Been using his Bio Home Ultra for a few years and really like it.
I've <"not used it">, but I'm sure it is <"perfectly acceptable as a filter medium">.

cheers Darrel

Another cheaper alternative to ADA super jet, I really like its aesthetic :) but I don’t understand the point of having 2 inlets, can anyone explain?

I don’t understand the point of having 2 inlets, can anyone explain?
Probably because it is going to be used on such large tanks that it would benefit from having water drawn from two different places in the tank. May also help with the large flow rate and frictional losses etc. Pretty sure the outlet is a larger diameter than the inlets.

From three website description:
  • Outlet Size: Ø17mm Suitable for ⅝''ID Vinyl Tubing
  • Inlet Size: Ø22mm Suitable for ¾''ID Vinyl Tubing

From three website description:
  • Outlet Size: Ø17mm Suitable for ⅝''ID Vinyl Tubing
  • Inlet Size: Ø22mm Suitable for ¾''ID Vinyl Tubing
I think they have reversed those, unless they mean "outlet from the tank" instead of "outlet from the filter". The one on the top is definitely wider.

Back