• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Remineralisers are you using ?

m guessing theres no way to include the Chloride ions from the one product because we have no idea how much is in there then?
No, not without the data we are guessing, however they have probably use CaCl2:2H2O, like I did to clone it, or MgCl2.6H2O or a mix of what ever salts are cheap and available
1643838904771.png

Works out a little cheaper as well
here another clone with a bit more Cl and a remineralising solution which makes life easier IMO
1643839744540.png

Cost went up with the remineralising solution as MgCl2.6H2O was used which cost more than MgSO4.7H2O

Crikey Michael J you do make it hard..... best I can fo for a computer cave man.....lol.

Attachments

• 20220202_174931.jpg
    20220202_174931.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 131
Crikey Michael J you do make it hard..... best I can fo for a computer cave man.....lol.
1643879850590.png

@Kelvin12 what do you pay for the Product and size of bottle you get, we can do maths and convert your currency(bottles of Fosters) to sterling ;)

Zeus, we only export Fosters no self respecting Aussie would drink that.......
Azoo comes in 120ml @ $22, 250ml $32. It was recommended by a couple of breeders and a shrimp forum to use.
Haven't been able to find out actually whats in it. Seems pretty potent.
Dirk

You might be interested in <"this thread"> (on Apistogramma forums) and of course there is always <"the Groat">.
A Wodge: "it is actually the official SI unit for all moss, moss is measured in "strands" (0.01 of a wodge), "tufts" (0.1 - 0.25 of a wodge), "wodges" (0.5 to x2 of a wodge) and "tankfuls" (~ x10 wodges)." .... I just cant wait to use that measurement :lol:

Zeus, we only export Fosters no self respecting Aussie would drink that.......
Azoo comes in 120ml @ $22, 250ml $32. It was recommended by a couple of breeders and a shrimp forum to use.
Haven't been able to find out actually whats in it. Seems pretty potent.
Dirk
Most likely they use calcium and magnesium chloride, especially if they say it doesn't raise the kh.

The 'sands of time' are running low on remineralising agents to be added
List on the IFC database so far is
1648744779388.png

Once it is released with the remineralising sheet it may be some time before we add more

Due to the uncertainty of what parameters some products produce we have had to remove some products.
The issue to due to some products being unclear or misleading if its Permeant Hardness or Total hardness ( dGH + dKH), typically they give 'total hardness' then a GH :KH ratio which is hard to get to the bottom of with Total hardness and Permeant hardness being used interchangeably. Where the product has a clear details of the dGH and/or dKH or has %w/w for elements/compounds we are happy to have it in the IFC. If it isnt clear we are not happy to give possible incorrect data of a product.

We fully understand that when making remineralising salts/solution the maths will give certain accurate parameters, then if the parameters are measured once added to tank it may show a different parameter. This is due to water being complex and interacts with rocks/aquasoil/ferts etc which can change the parameters being aim for- this is normal, testing parameters is an other minefield in its self all together.

If you are after a certain dGH and/or dKH and a Ca:Mg ratio the new remin sheet hits the make IMO, the cloning feature is just a little bonus.
new revised list

1649514339500.png

The file is now in my hands after @Zeus. did the heavy lifting. I hope to finish before the end of April.

If I've done the heavy lifting @Hanuman polishes/debugs/triple checks/corrects all my work, plus manages the releases. We both spend many-many hours trying to get it as good and user friendly as possible.

Just an update the new remineraliser sheet has been release and it in the latest release of the IFC Calculator
(It was release quite a few weeks back but forgot to update this thread :oops:)

Back