• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

African dwarf frog ok by itself for 5 days?

SamTheMan

I have 1 African dwarf frog, and I have been trying to get him a friend for a while, because I know they are very social. in the meantime, I just put my hands in the tank and interact with him, about ten at night for social interactions , because they are nocturnal. he lives with 2 honey gouramis, which leave him alone, and 6 cardinals. I was going to go and buy him a friend today, but the shop are out of stock and I am going on holiday for 5 days, and I am worried or get too lonely and die as I know it happens. my friend, who is feeding them, he doesn't want to spend half an hour at ten at night playing with a frog. I have checked other shops near me, but no one has them. what do you think I should do, I leave in 2 days

sorry for the not very good wording, this was written in a rush

It’ll be fine with no food for 5 days,.

In regards to putting your hand in the tank to interact with it, I’m sure you mean well but you’re probably doing more harm than good.

I’m sure it’ll be fine by itself without company until you source some more frogs, try not to worry.

Cheers

It’ll be fine with no food for 5 days,.

In regards to putting your hand in the tank to interact with it, I’m sure you mean well but you’re probably doing more harm than good.

I’m sure it’ll be fine by itself without company until you source some more frogs, try not to worry.

Cheers
Thanks we found some online that will arrive in 2 weeks. Cheers

Back