• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

Garuf

Now then, I bought one of them there week aqua lights and I’m having a devil of a job to make the app behave how I expected.
Before I give up and run it on an old school timer does anyone have one so I can clone your settings to make sense of it.

All I really want is a 30mins ramp up to 50% power, to stay at that for 6hours then go down to “viewing” bright until 11pm so like 2% brightness.

Any thoughts?

Now then, I bought one of them there week aqua lights and I’m having a devil of a job to make the app behave how I expected.
Before I give up and run it on an old school timer does anyone have one so I can clone your settings to make sense of it.

All I really want is a 30mins ramp up to 50% power, to stay at that for 6hours then go down to “viewing” bright until 11pm so like 2% brightness.

Any thoughts?
Cant offer much advice as of yet but I am also ready to bin the app. Worst app I've ever used. I managed to get a basic on/off working but that's about as far as I've got.

Cant offer much advice as of yet but I am also ready to bin the app. Worst app I've ever used. I managed to get a basic on/off working but that's about as far as I've got.
Yup, exactly the same issue here. I’d had such a bad go with the first chihiros I bought I was ready for a wild card and after seeing Dennis Wong using them thought I’d take a punt but yeah, can’t make it do what I could do with the aftermarket timers for twinstar.

Yup, exactly the same issue here. I’d had such a bad go with the first chihiros I bought I was ready for a wild card and after seeing Dennis Wong using them thought I’d take a punt but yeah, can’t make it do what I could do with the aftermarket timers for twinstar.
I wont be setting my tank up for a few weeks so will have a proper play with it then. I've got two of the z400 type. I did plug them in for a week or so to have a play. I set the app up exactly as suggested and it was doing random things. Had no luck whatsoever with the b2.0 advanced mode.
Had limited success with the primary mode as much as I got it to turn on at 12 and go off at 7 😂 but nothing more advanced that that.

Mine is the a430.
@Hufsa, I did contact them saying I was struggling to get it set up.
The reply I got was to turn it off and leave it for two minutes then turn it on again. Sometimes I’m genuinely impressed by customer service that is this bad but today it’s more perplexing as to what they think I’d asked them.

I think Dennis himself might be an idea - I’m not as well connected as some of our fellow members however. 😬

I watched his livestream with @Courtneybst , he did say people could message him and he tries to answer. And if they really want it answered that they might have to send the message again because he does miss a portion of them 🙂 Hopefully you wont end up with a restraining order instead @Garuf :lol:
Wouldn't normally advocate bothering the man as he is probably quite busy, but since he seems to have become somewhat of an unofficial spokesperson for that light he might be able to help.

I watched his livestream with @Courtneybst , he did say people could message him and he tries to answer. And if they really want it answered that they might have to send the message again because he does miss a portion of them 🙂 Hopefully you wont end up with a restraining order instead @Garuf :lol:
Wouldn't normally advocate bothering the man as he is probably quite busy, but since he seems to have become somewhat of an unofficial spokesperson for that light he might be able to help.
I can confirm that Dennis is very helpful and I'm confident you'll get a response to your question @Garuf . Also @Siddy may be able to provide some insight for this light as well.

I had considered this light too but if the app is worse than Chihiros', then I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole. 😅

I can confirm that Dennis is very helpful and I'm confident you'll get a response to your question @Garuf . Also @Siddy may be able to provide some insight for this light as well.

I had considered this light too but if the app is worse than Chihiros', then I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole. 😅
It's a shame. I took a punt on it over a Chihiros. The light itself is great quality and has all the bells and whistles for a reasonable price. But this bloody app....

Hi, I am changing my tank so I am in the market for new lights. Specifically looking at the P series as WRGB2 Pro (i) complaints of washed out colour in this forum (ii) still a little bit more expensive than the P series.

Any new opinions on Week Aqua, for example, have they rolled out a patch/bug fix for their app?

Hi, I am changing my tank so I am in the market for new lights. Specifically looking at the P series as WRGB2 Pro (i) complaints of washed out colour in this forum (ii) still a little bit more expensive than the P series.

Any new opinions on Week Aqua, for example, have they rolled out a patch/bug fix for their app?
Im only a week or so into using the Week Aqua. I've managed to get it running consistently using the timer/pre set colours (I'm using a generic "mixed"setting) and running at a certain intensity, 60% in my case. This is where the fun ends in my experience so far.
If I try to run a more detailed program like sunrise/sunsets, different intensities throughout the day and my own colour choices I'm having no luck whatsoever. Problems go from the light "strobe lighting", changing settings randomly and sometimes just flat out refusing to turn on or off.
I messaged week aqua a couple of months ago and they said there were no plans to upgrade the app, I guess that doesn't mean no bug fixes. It may well be my user error, but I'm not a total moron and just can't figure it out.

they said there were no plans to upgrade the app, I guess that doesn't mean no bug fixes.
That right there is a huge red flag. That type of answer shows the company is clueless about how their product works or they are simply ignoring customer's complaints. Might seem a bit extreme what I am saying but I can tell you that if they did their job correctly these types of bugs would not occur, and although no one or company is perfect, the company should show some pro-active attitude rather than saying "there is no plan to upgrade the app". Just sounds bad, plain and simple.

In contrast Chihiros has always shown willingness to fix/upgrade their products although their are not 100% perfect. I advised them to change the electronics on the Commander 4 so that settings would be retained in case of power loss. They upgraded the product in less than 4 months with a discrete update which they didn't even advertise.

Well. I mean. My initial experience with chihiros was similarly negative like my experience with weekaqua is currently but the wrgbpro2 I’m using on my 60f is better across the board than the week aqua with the caveat that the week aqua colour rendition is very very ADA and really reminds me of the old metal halides, that can be boiled down to preference though, I prefer it to the hyper saturated look.

As for making it work as I want and look how I want in rendition for gave up trying and set it to come on for 7hours with a sunrise sunset. Beyond that I gave up.

In short its a really good light that is let down by the app sucking.

Thanks for all the views and updates. I think I will get the Chihiros since I find the current version of their app easy to use.

wrgb2.jpg

6/6 sale. Got one of each - The original WRGB2 was discounted pretty heavily during the sale.

The brighter Pro will be in front as the light has to reach the substrate but the rear light doesn't have to be that bright because the back of the tank will have taller stems which are nearer the light anyway.

Back