• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter recommendation

Platinum Tiger

Can someone recommend me a new filter please. I have a Dennerle nano cube 60l and will be recommissioning it with an aqua scape and stock it as a species only tank.
My other tank runs on a Oase Biomaster 250 thermo and I love the combined filter/heater concept.
I’m looking at their smaller filters such as the filtosmart and the bioplus but a little overwhelmed, confused and not sure how they would perform.
Are there any other brands that do this?
I obviously don’t mind seperates but would like to keep the look clean and tidy.
Ease of cleaning is also an important factor.
I thank you for your advise and recommendations

I have used an Ehime 250T on a 54L simple planted tank for a while, it was the largest they made at the time with a built in heater. I use it with inline CO2 and a Ehime spray bar. It’s easy enough to clean with multiple chambers for different media. Flow is sufficient but not strong, the spray bar is designed for a range of (more powerful) filters so might seem a little underwhelming but works for me. It’s practically silent when running smoothly.
Not sure what else to add, feel free to ask if you have any questions about it.

I’ve used a variety of external canister filters on my 37L and 60L Nano’s. I’ve just started running a Biomaster 350 on the 60L and it’s working well at the moment. I’ll have to see how I get on in a week or so when I clean the pre-filter!

Can't go wrong with an Eheim Classic 150 for this size tank. Reliable and silent.
Sorry missed the heater part. Most fish don't need a heater though unless you have a really cold place.

The Biomaster 350 seems to be working ok, and the pre-filter cleaning is working well. It’s not the quietest filter I’ve had but then it’s moving a lot more water than anything I’ve had before. Having said that it’s quieter than my Eheim Classic 250.

Back