• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Landen Rimless Aquariums?

FISHnLAB

Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with a Landen Rimless? How are they? How do they compare to ADA, UNS, Waterbox, etc? Thanks👍.

This is the first I've heard of them!
Hi and thanks for the reply👍.

They have been around for many years(maybe 10ish from what I can find) and are speculated to be made in the same factory as some of the big names(maybe ADA & DOOA). I'm considering a 60 & 90 from them but, wanted some real first hand reviews before buying as these are for my dream tank setups and will be my only tanks for years to come. They can be found on Amazon as well as in stores. Hopefully someone has some experience with them.

They aren’t available in Europe so I don’t think you’ll get much feed back.

That said, they’re generally well regarded.

These days it’s only really the cheap stuff that is of mixed quality - all the good stuff is pretty much the same in terms of quality, clarity and finish.

They aren’t available in Europe so I don’t think you’ll get much feed back.

That said, they’re generally well regarded.

These days it’s only really the cheap stuff that is of mixed quality - all the good stuff is pretty much the same in terms of quality, clarity and finish.
Hi, thanks for the reply👍.

Copy that, good to know about the availability over there.

Thanks, that is reassuring. It is very hard for me to view any of this stuff unfortunately as it is probably a 10+ hour drive to a city with an actual aquascaping shop(and that's if they even have stock). Availability is also a huge problem here in Canada especially with reasonable shipping fees. That's what has me asking about Landen, they are easily available on Amazon with free shipping over here...

“you pays your money, you takes your choice”.
If you want a guaranteed purchase, you are normally best going with the big name and putting down the extra coins. If you want to pay less then I suppose you have to accept there is a risk that the lesser price is due to lesser quality.

“you pays your money, you takes your choice”.
If you want a guaranteed purchase, you are normally best going with the big name and putting down the extra coins. If you want to pay less then I suppose you have to accept there is a risk that the lesser price is due to lesser quality.
Roger that👍. I started another thread, please add your opinion, it would be appreciated...

Roger that👍. I started another thread, please add your opinion, it would be appreciated...

I have both, I like the uns better for finish at the mitre but in a blind taste test I would take the one that had the dimensions I like best and would be unable to tell the difference were it not for the mitre.

I have both, I like the uns better for finish at the mitre but in a blind taste test I would take the one that had the dimensions I like best and would be unable to tell the difference were it not for the mitre.
Thank you, very helpful👍. The UNS is slightly deeper at 60 x 36 x 36cm, vs the ADA at 60 x 30 X 36cm. That, in conjunction with those nice 45 degree miters, and a free leveling mat(not included with ADA) makes the UNS appealing... But, then there is that ADA heritage, I'm a huge fan of Takashi Amano's work so there's that. Hard decision...😩... 😁.

Thank you, very helpful👍. The UNS is slightly deeper at 60 x 36 x 36cm, vs the ADA at 60 x 30 X 36cm. That, in conjunction with those nice 45 degree miters, and a free leveling mat(not included with ADA) makes the UNS appealing... But, then there is that ADA heritage, I'm a huge fan of Takashi Amano's work so there's that. Hard decision...😩... 😁.
60x6 cm more of planting space? You could fit 20 more species of plants in that, easily! Thats a no brainer then #TeamMoarPlants

60x6 cm more of planting space? You could fit 20 more species of plants in that, easily! Thats a no brainer then #TeamMoarPlants
That's exactly what I was thinking Hufsa😂...

That equals almost 16 extra liters of water for a more stable environment which is a bonus too.

Wait till you see what I am getting soon, you team sand folks are going be excited😁...

I gotta say, I may miss that ADA logo though. It must have a bit of extra warmth to it owning something from the founding father and pinnacle company in the industry. That said, in the end it's all just a glass box to hold our creations and take care of our wildlife so I generally lean towards function.

Well, I went with the UNS. It will be here next week and I will start a Journal sometime soon.

Now, I am debating if the Fluval 107 is enough for this larger 20 gallon tank when combined with the Oase CrystalSkim 350(has adjustable flow) or if I should swap it for a 207. It will have a Plakat Betta in it to start(with maybe some Tetras and Cory's one day) and he isn't a big fan of crazy flow so I'm not sure what to do. I plan to use a spray bar too if needed. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Now, I am debating if the Fluval 107 is enough for this larger 20 gallon tank when combined with the Oase CrystalSkim 350
I'd go for the 207 personally, as the stated flow rate will be lower, not including what it will be running like when it gets a bit dirty. My filtration tends to a bit overkill but this gives me leeway when they need cleaning!

I would consider an eheim 2217 for this aquarium. I have one on a waterbox 16 and it is very nice. I have inline heater and co2 so that does reduce flow some but prior to that I had a 2213 and did not think it was quite enough.

I'd go for the 207 personally, as the stated flow rate will be lower, not including what it will be running like when it gets a bit dirty. My filtration tends to a bit overkill but this gives me leeway when they need cleaning!
Roger that, thanks for the reply👍. I'm going to return the 107 for the 207 and will use a spray bar or a "Y" to tame it if needed.

I would consider an eheim 2217 for this aquarium. I have one on a waterbox 16 and it is very nice. I have inline heater and co2 so that does reduce flow some but prior to that I had a 2213 and did not think it was quite enough.
Hi, thanks for the reply👍.

I have already purchased a Fluval(2 actually) and got a good deal so I want to stick with them. I considered Eheim, and several other brands, but Fluval came out on top for my intended use after some research. Eheim was eliminated from the running due to reports of a drop in quality over the years(not what they used to be) as well as for having inferior media storage and 3 years less warranty. An Eheim 2017 also would have cost me at least $50EUR more then the Fluval 206 and it comes with much less media and accessories.

Wait till you see what I am getting soon, you team sand folks are going be excited😁...
25KG's of Heat Sterilized, Washed, and Screened sand all for $9CAD. I see why you "Sand People😁" like this stuff so much😋.
20221102_132540.jpg

20221102_133944.jpg

Last edited:
Back