• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting point 40 cm Cube ""A touch of red""

Greenfinger2

Hi All, Time to start a new journal with my new 40cm Optiwhite Cube:)

Cube 40cm
Pressurised Co2 run through a reactor.
Aqua pro 2 filter.
One 30w 6500k garden flood light
JBL pro scape Substrate
EI ferts

Hardscape
Dragon stone and DW.

Plants
Alternathera rosaefolia
Crypt wendtii brown
Fissidens fontanus
Gratiola viscidula
HC Cuba carpet
Hygrophila lancea ( Araguaia)
Ludwigia repens
Polygonum ( sao paulo)
Riccardia chamedryfolia
Rotala (bonsai)

2 photos of the Hardscape
This one will be up and running in the next few weeks ;)

04_zpsvwjbgp33.jpg

05_zpsazyewflg.jpg

I might be tempted to remove the left most branch as it is relatively thick and this makes it very dominant in the scape in my opinion.

Hi C, You are not the first to say that. A good friend who is great with design like you and the wife said the same thing ;) Now its for the chop.

Thank you :thumbup: Now I am thinking of grafting on another twiggy bit to match the rest ???? Ho how it drives you mad keep looking and looking then NO that's not right :arghh:

That' what great about forums all the help and info:cool:

Wow you don't waste any time...I see you're putting your new rock purchase to use straight away:) Interesting scape, looking forward to seeing this develop.

Nice work Roy

Is that the wood you got at the weekend? best get it in a bucket of water, you dont want it floating off

Hi Mate, The front twiggy bits are from the W/end Yes there going in a bucket as we speak :D The others are old pieces well soaked :thumbup:

It was really a fab day :thumbup: Great to meet up with you all and chat plus watch George create a wonderful scape in real time :cool::cool:

If I can ?? Would be great to see you all again / Sat 21 Nov And see how the scape is coming along Ho and get some more small bits of DW Ho and some Rock :lol:

Speak soon

It was really a fab day :thumbup: Great to meet up with you all and chat plus watch George create a wonderful scape in real time :cool::cool:
ditto
It was amazing to watch him drop the hardscape in with minimal effort. I can only dream of being that talented one day
Not sure what I'm doing on the 21st but if I'm not up seeing the kids in Yorkshire I'll definitely meet up.

Is this the 40cm cube?

Wow you don't waste any time...I see you're putting your new rock purchase to use straight away:) Interesting scape, looking forward to seeing this develop.

Hi Mate, Thank you :thumbup: It was a great to meet you at the w/end and have a chat :cool:

Would be great to see you again. If you can ? Thinking about coming up Sat 21 Nov And see how the scape is coming along :)

ditto
It was amazing to watch him drop the hardscape in with minimal effort. I can only dream of being that talented one day
Not sure what I'm doing on the 21st but if I'm not up seeing the kids in Yorkshire I'll definitely meet up.

Is this the 40cm cube?

My head is sill buzzing from watching George :woot::woot:

Yes it the 40 cm Cube

Ok Cut Done twiggy bit added :) I like the open space.And had a bit of a change around with the rock too:D

Photos

08_zps0rsc8zpo.jpg

09_zpstqopdfrd.jpg
Hey Roy,

Lovely hardscape, and much better without the thick branch. I really like the two twigs over the stones, it looks really natural
It seems you've been inspired from last weekend

Looking forward to seeing it flooded!

Cheers,
Manu

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back