• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hair grass disaperence

chilled84

My hair grass i planted about 3 months ago has now almost all vanished. I know that a few were pulled up by my gouramis but alot just seemed to die and melt away, I was under the impression the plant was very easy to grow as a carpet plant without the need for pressurised co2, I am doseing EI and useing easy carbo and tpn plus tabs in substrate, But still no sucess, Its very upsetting as i just want a carpet forground but cant seem to achive one,

I spent hours planting over 400 plantlits of dwarth hair grass too. :(

Helppppppppppppppp lol

Do you have any shrimps in the tank?
Ghost/glass shrimp and all macrobrachium species will munch this plant, as will a lot of fish and snails.

I personally think the fish aren't to blame, I think we need full details of the tank so we have an idea of what we're dealing with. Hairgrass is very easy but it is temprimental when light/co2 distribution isn't quiet right.

Have you got good flow down to the substrate? This is a real key with carpeting plants IME. And lots of CO2!

I've never used EasyCarbo as the sole source of carbon so I'm afraid you'll have to wait for some advice from somone who has successfully.

Maybe it's hereditary? :lol:

Back