• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank for moss and emersed growing - DONE :)

Is this going to be for any species you fancy, or do you have a list of species already sorted that you would like to grow? or are you just going to try many different species and see how they fare?

john starkey said:
propogater
Mr Starkey you are a Star ! I've been trying to think of that word since I drew this thing up :lol: :lol:

Graeme Edwards said:
when you do something, you do it right....make me sick

if a jobs worth doing....its worth making someone sick :lol: I'll send you the plans Graeme ;)

AdAndrews said:
Is this going to be for any species you fancy, or do you have a list of species already sorted that you would like to grow? or are you just going to try many different species and see how they fare?

Errr, the last one I think ! The five small compartments along the back left are specifically for mosses - they wont have any heater cable in them. The other ones are to try things in, hence the different depths, to give me a bit of room for experiment.

Cheers

Tony

George Farmer said:
What a pro!

Nice one, Tony. Ever the perfectionist, and I'm sure the results will reflect this. :D

Thanks George - I wish growing the plants was as easy as designing and building this !!

SteveUK said:
Awesome Tony! decided on what mosses you're going to be growing?

Cheers Steve. Initially there'll be mosses from my other tanks - -peacock, fissidens, taiwan, java, christmas and a couple of others that Matt has given me. Also I'll try other plants from the main tanks too. Just play around and see what works :D

JamesM said:
Super impressed with the build quality mate, really well done :)

Do you mind if I ask how much your friend charged to cut the perspex?

Thanks James. Errr, he didnt :oops: :thumbup: Hes a very good mate :D I just bought him a bottle of Bushmills to say ta

That looks awesome! :D

I can't wait to see it in action! Will UKAPS members get a nice discount if you sell on your mosses?! ;)

NA-Fan said:
Will UKAPS members get a nice discount if you sell on your mosses?!

Of course :D

Gill said:
That looks amazing, very nicely done
daniel19831123 said:
Any update on the moss growing farm? More PIC!!! :)

Thanks Gill.

Its kind of on hold for a while :thumbdown: I'm going to be working abroad for the next 5 weeks, so I wont be able to look after it properly. The mosses will stay in there, as the daylight it recieves, plus the daily auto water changes should see them ok, but everything else has been removed.

I'll update when I return.

Tony

Nice one Tony, I posted on the forum while in Peru last year, but Beijing beats that!
I am sure you will be missing your family, but hope you are enjoying the travel as well :)

This is most interesting, a kin to Amano's Wabi-Kusa grower. I think it has the potential to be very beautiful as well as a good grower. Do you think you could have live-stock in it, dwarf frogs? Do you still have the "big green moss" from me ?

Keep us posted, Tony

Back