• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spare suckers for a jbl drop checker needed.

chris1004

Hi,

As the title says I need two spare suckers for my jbl drop checker but can't find any anywhere anyone know where I can get some?

Regards, Chris.

The standard jbl ones are 12mm in diameter, the gecko that Flyfisherman suggested looks like it could do the job, the suckers on it appear slightly larger than the standard JBL ones but there's a chance they may fit. A bit of trimming with a stanley knife may be needed to make them fit the slots on the drop checker, but hey, it's a damn sight cheaper than 15 quid for a new one...

Hi,

Thanks for the replys guys I think the gecko idea is the best, it states in the ad that these are 3/4" suckers so a little bigger than the jbl ones but they should work ok, i'll order one and keep you posted on how I get on.

Regards, Chris.

Hi again,

Well that little idea didn't last long either. Firstly the gecko is from Hong Kong and will take to long to get here and I need a some like yesterday so i looked elsewhere for a solution. After raiding all my bits and bobs boxes I found some 15mm button top suckers on a mini internal filter which I use on my fry tanks from time to time. Having robbed these for the time being I still need to find some mini button top suckers as a replacement from somewhere. Incedently the 15mm suckers only just fitted without meeting in the middle so thats the largest size that the JBL DC will take. I did toy with the idea of using one large sucker and drilling a hole in the base of the DC to suit which may work but I hope to get away with the current solution without resorting to butchering my DC. I'd still like to source some JBL (or equivalent) replacement ones though if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Regards, Chris.

Hi,

Thanks Paul. These are the closest so far from that seller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220496479738

But the top isn't exactly the right shape but would probably work with a bit of a squeeze / modification.

The type of top that is ideal is called apparently a standard button top like the one in this picture again from the same seller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-10-pk-x-2...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item3356ea39b6

Can't believe its so difficult to get the exact replacement suckers though.

Regards, Chris.

Back