• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AGA 2009 Results are out

Well done George, that's an outrageous set of results! :thumbup:

I was disappointed by the judges' comments on James Maslin's groundbreaking "Without Foundation". Did they miss the point entirely I wonder - they refer to rocks, not bricks. I wonder if it would have made a stronger impression if the plant growth was less advanced, with the bricks more prominent. I definitely preferred how it looked when it was younger than this. I'd like to see how they scored it - are entrants given placings apart from the top three?

Good comments on Stu's Craggy Isle - nice one Stu.

Thanks, again guys!

Paul - Each 'scape is ranked before public release so the judges can see, but publicly you only see the Top 3.

"Honourable Mentions" are for 'scapes that any one judge has ranked first place, no matter how the other judges ranked.

The ranking system is quite clever. All the judges score each 'scape and the website automatically ranks them.

"The Best of Show" has to be agreed by all the judges. This can take some time!!

Well done to all UK and UKAPS entries especially George, "Biotope domination" :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Haven't had a chance to have a good look through but what I've seen look very impressive.

GO UK!!

Mark

Well done all :thumbup:

Paul, cheers mate. Yes, I agree about it being slightly too overgrown, but was rushed and had no time to recover from the sharp lines after a trim. I do think they might have missed the point slightly too :lol:

Thanks to the offline version I could have a good time with the wonderful tanks in this competition.

It was a pleasant surprise to see so much better quality overall in this competition, esspecially with more contestants. Previous years had in my opinion always 3-4 top quality scapes per category, but this year the level is extremly high.

However, I guess I would make a terrible judge at this, since none of my favourites won in the categories:

Small: 106
Medium: 70 (by far!!!)
Large: 103
XL: 99
Biotope: 29 (still George, but I am in love with this tank since the first time a saw a picture of it)
Paludarium: 162

WOW George,
you da man :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: ,
but the nice thing is its a true uk biotope,ukaps baby,
regards john.

Massive congratulations to you George!! Excellent work!

Big congrats to all the other Uk entries! :thumbup:

Back