• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best moss for a moss wall?

Animal Mother

Any opinions on the best moss for a moss wall? Considering growth rates, attractiveness, colour etc.

:text-search: I think this question has been asked a few times before.

taiwan, xmas, peacock, spiky. Are all good.
Fisisidens, flame. Not really suitable IMO.

I will be trimming my taiwan moss wall in the next week or two. PM if you want some.

a1Matt said:
:text-search: I think this question has been asked a few times before.

I was searching but there were loads of mixed opinions. :?

a1Matt said:
taiwan, xmas, peacock, spiky. Are all good.
Fisisidens, flame. Not really suitable IMO.

Just had a look at those you recommend, nice. :p

a1Matt said:
I will be trimming my taiwan moss wall in the next week or two. PM if you want some.
Wow, that would be brilliant, thanks very much. :thumbup:

I've PM'd you.

A java moss wall will look like this...:)
PB030002.JPG

A little closer view...
PB030010.JPG

Definitely the 4 moss that has been mentioned. Taiwan moss and peacock moss grows like a weed if it's grown well. Can't said I've attempted the others but between taiwan and peacock, I'll definitely prefer peacock moss. They are thicker greener and more regular in shapes.

sorry for nicking the thread, but i also would like to make a moss wall. but are some mosses harder to grow than others? i only have 1.25wpg of t8 lighting, and i dose 4ml of tpn+ daily. the tank is 120cm x 40cm x 45cm. it holds 216l.

which moss is best for a moss wall in my tank?

cheers

pest control said:
sorry for nicking the thread, but i also would like to make a moss wall. but are some mosses harder to grow than others? i only have 1.25wpg of t8 lighting, and i dose 4ml of tpn+ daily. the tank is 120cm x 40cm x 45cm. it holds 216l.

which moss is best for a moss wall in my tank?

cheers

same mosses as listed above are best for your tank as well :thumbup:
Some mosses are hard to grow, or slow - those were not in the list.

java moss is good, I would go for another species though, as you can get nicer frond patterns than java (which is a bit straggly IMO\E).

I have a taiwan moss wall and am pleased with it. PM me if you want some and I can trim the wall and send you some. A teeny bit for free, or let me know the size of the wall you are creating and I will sort you with enough to get a good coverage straight off for a very reasonable payment (will be 10 times more for your money than ebay sized portions, plus it is a rarer moss ;) ).

Back