• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water flow/turnover

russchilds

Hi,

In an aquarium where its not possible to have an external filter, can I add a power-head to increase the circulation and would this effect the internal filter in any way? I want to put the power head above the C02 diffuser to push the c02 over a carpet of HC.

If its ok can any recommend a good powerhead for a 60cm long tank?

Many thanks,
Russ :D

russchilds said:
Hi,

In an aquarium where its not possible to have an external filter, can I add a power-head to increase the circulation and would this effect the internal filter in any way? I want to put the power head above the C02 diffuser to push the c02 over a carpet of HC.

If its ok can any recommend a good powerhead for a 60cm long tank?

Many thanks,
Russ :D

Yes it fine to put power head above CO2 to blow round your tank.
I use a Koralia nano in my 60, excellent bit of kit :thumbup:

oops sorry chilled84. :oops: I have juwel internal and the flow is weak so couldn't use outlet nozzle. I also like to have a tiny bit of surface movement (not much as I don't want to waste C02). In my Osaka I have HC growing really well but I have an over rated external with spray bar that gives great flow. Thats for the reply as it s always nice to save some money!! :D

Back