• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The most unhelpful/friendly otto ever?

NeilW

Was taking out some moss trimmings when I had a rather unhelpful helper;

img0630h.jpg

img0633c.jpg

In the end I just gave up and left him to it :lol:
img0629vd.jpg

Hes still at it!

flygja said:
Must be something delicious on that tweezer of yours :D

Last week I had a bit of surface scum so every time I used my tweezers I think they must have got a bit of a slimy coating. He was going mad for the scum when it was left on the glass too from the water evaporating, nearly jumping out the tank to reach it! Everything in my tank loves to clean anything thats come from 'the outside world' :lol:

Hi all,
I think it is just they really like vertical "stems", I found that they like a bamboo cane very slightly wider than they are.
I've used this to my advantage as I fix the cucumber/courgette slice to the bamboo, and you can be pretty sure that the Otocinclus will find it. Only disadvantages are that bamboo floats, so you need to be able to wedge it somewhere, and it can look a bit unnatural.
cheers Darrel

hi, i've noticed that my ottos are really brave. when i'm putting some new plants in my tank, all of the other fish get out of the way, but i have to practically pic up the ottos and move them. :lol:

pest control said:
hi, i've noticed that my ottos are really brave. when i'm putting some new plants in my tank, all of the other fish get out of the way, but i have to practically pic up the ottos and move them. :lol:

I just experienced that today :lol: really nosy creature

Mine are a bit mad too. They like to stick themselves to the glass while I'm filling up the tank after a water change, directly in the flow of tap chlorinated water. Maybe the chlorine cleans their skin or gets rid of excess algae in their suckers or something... :lol:

My bristlenose plecs do that :wideyed:
If I put my hand in the tank, particularly the male, will swim over and happily sit rasping at my hand, and is now tame enough for me to pick him up and move him round the tank :lol:

gratts said:
My bristlenose plecs do that :wideyed:
If I put my hand in the tank, particularly the male, will swim over and happily sit rasping at my hand, and is now tame enough for me to pick him up and move him round the tank :lol:

They're big things as well aren't they?!

Back