• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WANTED - 100gallon Water Storage Tank

Mark Webb

I am looking for a cheap water storage tank for 100 gallons. Any suggestions?

I have 2 rubbermaid ones that my dad bought from a large builders merchants, worth a try.

Garuf said:
I have 2 rubbermaid ones that my dad bought from a large builders merchants, worth a try.

I'll look into that thanks.

I keep my RO water in a container like this one. Mine is a transparent one though. There are different sizes and shapes etc available. There are loads of sellers on eBay, but I specifically linked you to this one because it's the company I bought mine from, and they were extremely helpful-the courier lost the first one and they just sent me another one out, no fuss or anything, and they sent me spare lids and seals and stuff.

amy4342 said:
I keep my RO water in a container like this one. Mine is a transparent one though. There are different sizes and shapes etc available. There are loads of sellers on eBay, but I specifically linked you to this one because it's the company I bought mine from, and they were extremely helpful-the courier lost the first one and they just sent me another one out, no fuss or anything, and they sent me spare lids and seals and stuff.

Thanks amy, but no link ?

Hi all,
Water butt? or you can get big water storage tanks as "once used ex industrial integrated bulk carrier" - IBC.
This a 1000 litre one (approx 454 gallon), I bought for £60 to store rainwater in.
IBC_web.jpg

This one came from here: http://www.toucanenvironmental.co.uk/products.asp, but lots of people sell them and you can buy them in smaller sizes too.

cheers Darrel

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
Water butt? or you can get big water storage tanks as "once used ex industrial integrated bulk carrier" - IBC.
This a 1000 litre one (approx 454 gallon), I bought for £60 to store rainwater in.
IBC_web.jpg

This one came from here: http://www.toucanenvironmental.co.uk/products.asp, but lots of people sell them and you can buy them in smaller sizes too.

cheers Darrel

Superb Darrel, thats very useful thank you :thumbup:

Mark, the company I work for use the IBC`s that Darrel suggested but also have a "bag in box" container, just like a big wine box, available in 500l or 1000l sizes. The bags are disposable and the box is reused, but the bags are quite cheap, around £20. They have a filling point on the top and a valve on the bottom which has a 2" fitting and could be reduced to fit a delivery pump.
If you can find or make a supporting frame it could be a cheap option.
Try google "Bag in box". I dont know who we currently get the bags from but could find out next week when I back in the office.

John

I would def recoomend making contact with a local builder, or garage builders(from experience they tend to have these empty). I have made so many ponds and container gardens from them.
I have 3 of them atm for live foods and growing mosses. the barrells are big and blue, and just need a good scrubbing with detergent and dettol.

Back