• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's "purple rain' added HD vid

Re: Saintly's "purple rain' ?

Jase said:
Are they black Harlequins

could well be. they were down as purple/black harlequins. google came up with purple on some sites. not sure dude.

Jase said:
Love the delicate feel of the tank Mark

thanks jase. a little bit of a practise before I really go mad with the 4 footer :D

saintly said:
thanks jase. a little bit of a practise before I really go mad with the 4 footer :D

This scaping lark is addictive as hell - my 16 year old sister has a nano tank, until last week it had artificial plants and orange gravel, now has Oli Knott NS and Dragon Stone with plants due on Thursday :lol: My old man's 300l had a make over last weekend too :geek: He didn't want to spend much on it but had a bucket load of Anubias already, just rearranged and added some Bolbitus and hopefully he'll stick to dosing, though I doubt it :lol:

Nice choice of fish, they suit the scape well. Let us know if they keep their tight shoaling behaviour.

What lighting and filtration have you got on this little fella?

rawr said:
What lighting and filtration have you got on this little fella?

all standard equipment that comes with the tank. a mini internal filter and a rather nice 11w lamp.

rawr said:
Let us know if they keep their tight shoaling behaviour.

will do! :thumbup:

Great shots and a nice quaint tank! All along I thought your shrimp shots were in an optiwhite tank, but I know its not, which makes it even more amazing.

TDI-line said:
Tip top scape Mr S. 8)

cheers Dan. i'm missing your blyxa!

flygja said:
Great shots and a nice quaint tank! All along I thought your shrimp shots were in an optiwhite tank, but I know its not, which makes it even more amazing.

:lol: cheers mate. yep, good old...normal glass.

Vito said:
The picture quality is so damn good, another great tank.

thanks vito. I'm fully immersed in my photography at the minute. :D

i did put initially on the title, that the tank was 20L...it's not. it's 15L

here's a couple of the new black/purple harlequins.

darkBG.jpg

BG.jpg

If I remember correctly you said something about updrading your camera a few months back Saintly. Is this the new one? I have always been envious of your pictures :clap:

LondonDragon said:
Great looking nano Mark, and the photography is amazing has always, the best I have seen on any forum!! :clap: :clap:

thanks paulo :oops:

FishBeast said:
If I remember correctly you said something about updrading your camera a few months back Saintly. Is this the new one? I have always been envious of your pictures :clap:

yes mate. it's the new 5dmk2. i now need a sweet lens or 2. i've got my eye on one in particular ;)

Jack middleton said:
This looks stunning mark, a real inspiration.
:thumbup:

bless you jack :angelic:

samc said:
they are nice harlequins. do they look as good as the normal ones in a group?

these things stick together brilliantly. :D and they've coloured up a treat, really friendly little things, coming to the top when i walk close to the tank.

They're the exact kind of fish I want for my 60x45x45! Beautiful.

Nice! What fish is that? You haven't changed the stocking already have you?! :lol:

They're hemigrammus armstrongi. They aren't like other fish in that their overall colour isn't grey, it's a very shiny silver colour, and the lateral line is a nice blue. I used to have these as a dither fish with my Discus-they were absolutely stunning, the way they catch the light is just out of this world. They sometimes outshone the Discus.

Very nice indeed! Love the harlequins, one of my favourite fish. I have kept these in various species and several times and must say they are one of the best shoalers. I have some hengelis at the moment and they are in a fluval roma 90 and stick together like glued. Very nice! :clap:

yeah, there platinum tetras. :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
How are you setting up your strobes, Mark? I love the blue background. Fresh!

thanks mate. the learning curve I'm having at the moment, is white balance. so many variations, and yet they all look OK....which one? decisions decisions.

regards to lights, I place one pointing at the background and one directly over the tank. No diffuser of any kind. I firstly get the correct amount of light to shoot iso 50 f11, 1/200th. once the foreground is lit correctly, I then adjust the second strobe for the background. there's so many combos and effects that can be created just by moving the light around.

test135mm.jpg

Back