• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FX5 or 2080 pro?

Ive got an 2080 on my 250lt tank and whilst its a great filter, at only 1700lph its a lot of money for not that much power. I'm actaully thinking of swapping it for JBL e1500 as its got quite a humm to it. Cant fault it as a piece of equipment though.

I also have a compact +3000 running in the tank for flow.

Sam

I've got 2 ehiems a 2213 and a 2224 and the 2213 gave me a rounded up figure of 220 lph and the 2224 gave 330 lph I make this roughly 50% of their stated turnover.

Interesting, How do you measure this?

I'd love to see some fluid dynamics produced for the output shapes that would make the best shape, I've got suspisions that lilys and jets style outputs could be refined and are long overdue a bit of science on producing an output to give most effect flow for most applications.

I think your right, I am a big fan of the pinched jet style outlets. I cant get on with Lily pipes as i just don't think they create enough flow/current. o_O

I took the filter and using a pair of stable buckets mearured how much water was taken from one bucket to the other within 5minutes then multiplied it by 30 to give the number of lph it's actually delivering.

Probably a bit late, but i have both Fx5x2 (2,300l/h ea) and the 2080 (1700l/h) and in my experiance they are both good pieces of kit and have been reliable. I also have 2x Tetra tecs ex1200 too and I have had some issues with these over the same period (~2 years) although Tetra have good customer service.

Price issue go FX5, downside on this is the 1" corrugated blacke tubing, not great if you have an open minimalist setupand dont want to restrict flow, otherwise not a problem. Smaller filter capacity about 6litres vs 12 litres for the 2080.

Eheim very nice but a lot more expensive, standard 16mm tubing though. :)

Back