• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to keep a filter sponge alive?

Hokum

I'm about to run some carbon in my aquaball 45 filter (I have a dual setup of an Aquaball 130 and a 45) but i want to keep the sponge alive, what can i do? Can i just keep it in the aquarium Or would i need to keep it in the flow to make sure its getting oxygen?

The 45 has only one compartment, i user it like a power head but with some filtration. I was going to pop the bottom off, take out the sponge, and put a small bag of active carbon in for 24hrs. I'll have to give the sponge a rinse i think before i leave it in the tank else i'll have bits everywhere!

Hokum said:
The 45 has only one compartment, i user it like a power head but with some filtration. I was going to pop the bottom off, take out the sponge, and put a small bag of active carbon in for 24hrs. I'll have to give the sponge a rinse i think before i leave it in the tank else i'll have bits everywhere!

cut the sponge in half ? leave half in the filter?

rgds

Back