• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Second Planted Adventure By Sam.

Spanerman

Well here we have it, my new tank :)

Its a Fluval Roma 125 with
Standard lighting (2x20w tubes)
Ehiem external and Fluval internal filters
JBL plant substrate and Pea Gravel
200w Heater

It has been a bit of a journey with this tank, i have had to place it near a window as theres nowhere else for it to go, and even with a tank full of temporary stem plants the sunlight caused some algae problems. so i have blacked the back and sides out with card to eliminate this problem.

Over the weekend my girlfriend and myself have done this scape and planted it up, and we have used the crappy co2 system you can see in these pictures.

Thismorning a bumper pack of goodies arived 8)
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4246

And a 4pack of 10cc syringes from ebay.

Dosage is:

2.5ml of Aqua Carbon
10ml of Aqua Nourish+
5ml of Aqua Nourish

All Daily.

Anyway enough of my babbeling heres some pictures for you.

Ferts.jpg

Tank1.jpg

Will be updating as the plants mature :)

Sam.

There is nothing wrounge with that so called cr..py co2 kit your useing, althou a tad unstble, It does however work well in conjunction with easycarbo, I know this as in my early tank planting days, I also started with that co2 optimat, Just make sure you realease that trapped bubble when the co2 stop defusion, You will see what im on about! It looks like you have some co2 left in the bell near the top, But its not! It will sit there until you unsucker the bell and let the air out! Hope you understood that! Ps dont let algau growth grow on the mesh on the top of the co2 bell, use a tooth brush and scrub/minus the colgate! :D

Thanks, well im going to be relying on the liquid carbon from now on, I have literally just pulled it out of the tank :)

Any Comment and Criticisms?

How would you recommend dosing it? a squirt in the morning?

BTW heres the plans for the tank :)

Tank2.jpg

My tank has pretty good flow, i have about 10x turnover so thats a big plus:)

I have my eye on a fluval FX5 aswell :D

Would get it going nicley, i would probably use lilly pipes or a spray bar.

Does anyone know if the rim will come off a Fluval roma?

We had this chat about the rims comeing of tanks in another thread, If i knew where the thread was i would link you. Its been made clear by alot of peeps thats it best just to leave the rims on. They do play a smll part in the rigidity of the tank. Tken one off would most proberly be risky. Its up to you. They do come off.

Best to leave it on then, though i cant see it being very structural as its thin plastic :?:

I was just wondering if i could get a luminair on there :)

Thats cleared things up a bit thanks :)

I'm thinking about adding another one or two 20w tubes to the flaps under the hood for some extra oomph :)

Thanks, I'l bear that in mind :)

DSC_0486.jpg

Got bored and found some rocks :lol:

any ideas of some nice plants to go in and around the rocks?

Does anyone know of any carpeting plants that will work well in a lower tech tank? i have low lighting and im dosing liquid carbon

Sam.

Back