• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 Litre Jungle Edge

Tunafish

Pike man
Hi there Ukaps,

Thought I would share this tank i've had running for the past year before i change it!

The systems running on an Eheim Proffesional which is hooked up to a hydor 300 watt external heater. The lighting consists of an arcadia luminaire running on 2 marine white lamps (yes thats right marine lights!, the java fern loves it!) on for 7 hours which then switches to 2 blue moon at night (the discus chill out nicely before bed!).

It's a low tech tank, with no C02, however consisting of a tetra substrate, daily dry dosing of salts combined with ferka plant products and weekly water changes of between 50 - 70 percent.

I did have a pair of discus however due to spawning issues and bad behaviour from both, I now just have the one full grown leopard snakeskin, beautiful yes, but unfortunately he doesnt take kindly to any more discus tankmates, hence I want to start with a new group of baby discus.

Comments anyone??

img00165200909191727.th.jpg
img00175200910101807.th.jpg
img00177200910101807.th.jpg

Cheers!,

the dimensions are 61 x 41 x 58 cm (WxDxH). I'd love to get him a partner but he'd need to be with a group of adults to settle, however that would mean a tank at least twice the size!.

Cheers steve,

well im in a quandry with the tank at the moment, I want to take it in a new direction, not sure what, maybe Iwagumi. Also tempted to maybe get a group of baby discus, but that would mean saying bye to my adult and Im reluctant to part, epsecially as i want him to be properly looked after.

Yep, it was a good tank for depth. Was a little bit frightening when I first removed the rim and filter but well worth it. The tanks been broken down now and I'm currently putting together an ADA tank for Altum Angels, I'll post pics when it's in progress.

Back