• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tips on how to sink a wood trunk

jarthel

hello everyone.

I found a pieces of trunk which I believe would make addition for a "flooded plains" type biotope.

Anyway, the trunk is quite heavy. I believe it cound be around 15+Kg. The problem is that it would not sink. The trunk is standing up in the tank so I cannot just tie rocks to it.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to achieve this.

thank you :)

boiling has worked for me on stubborn pieces of wood but obviously you'll need to find something big enough to fit it in.

Chris

Jathel

If you can get a bucket big enough ? pop it in the bucket add water and leave for a week or so until it sink - promise it will sink with soaking.

Regards
paul.

the trunk is so big I can only fit it in 200+ L bins. :(

I was hoping for alternatives to soaking in the possibility that it wouldn't sink after a weeks (or maybe 2) in the bin. :)

If you have a water butt, throw it in their :) Sounds pretty awkward though. You could also try getting a cheap pair of tights. cut the legs off and fill them with gravel, tying them at the top. You can then drape it over the trunk with much more flexibility than using rocks. Obviously, be careful not to snag/ladder the tights, else you'll have gravel everywhere!

Back