• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 via ph controler

ACS

Seedling
Hi,new to this forum and kept planted tanks a few years back.Still interested in this side of the hobby but at present run a reef tank.Its interesting to see advancements in thinking while Ive been away.What I,ve found quite surprising is the increase in flow and surface movement people seem to be opting for as I used to think this would only drive of co2.ever keen to know better my main Q is,do ph controlers have a place in systems now?

Easy answer; no.
They've fallen out of favor to be replaced by drop checkers and solenoids to turn the co2 of at night.

thanks for reply.what was found to be better with drop checkers v ph controlers?

Oh monitors only monitor the ph not the actual content of the co2 in the water because they're influenced by acids and other substances in the water diffusion of co2 becomes erratic and unstable and results in algae.

Drop checkers are infalable if used properly and therefore you get the correct co2 injection rate and stability.

I new it would be simple ,thanks m8.

Back